Redesigns of civs and tech trees

Because melee tankiness is very useful. I do not care much about raiding, because I almost only play campaigns and those are about deathballs, not raiding.

What is the problem in having SL better than knight in some situations and weaker in others? You have proposed good changes to stats. SL can be faster, cheaper and with an attack bonus vs villagers.

You can have an imperial SL for cumans to replace Paladins.

Clearly, if we want more variety to the game, we need to accept that SL civs will do something better and something worse than now. If you really like knights/cav archer play, you call still pick magyars and huns. If you want to move on something different, pick mongols and tartars SL/cav archers. Similar for the idea of Cuman imperial SL. If you want to play classic Paladins, you can pick Franks, Magyarsā€¦

go ahead and throw up your proposed changes. My changes that I proposed broke it worse then it was pre nerf

Then the Teutons, Lithuanians, Byzantines etc are for you.
Not the Mongols or Tatars, who are thematically aggressive and raiding civilizations.

Hence, the Knight line, which they hardly use anyway, should be replaced by buffed SL which becomes an aggression oriented Knight and NOT just a reskinned Knight.

Because mongols and tatars donā€™t deathball magundai and cav archersā€¦

1 Like

Yes they dont.They use hit-and-run, and mobility, and hussar raiding/meatshilding

I canā€™t choose civilization for campaigns. I played through mongol campaign using mostly knight-line no problems. Havenā€™t played tatars campaign yet, but I am certain, that knight-line is going to work well once again.

Anyway, people have different preferences and I am against your idea. You should do a poll about it to get better view of what people think about it.

How many times has it been referenced needing to get to a critical mass of magundai or cav archers?

2 Likes

Raiding is better with Scout and Cavalry Archer line units.

Knights can raid well, but are more useful at winning direct engagements.
The whole power of the Knight line, is that it had great stats and versatility, which means it can do almost anything.

1 Like

So if this happens, then what is the problem with having both on the same civs? This way each of these civs will have more options.

2 Likes

Not really. Knight rush is the best usage for them as a raiding move
And even at that point, Steppe Lancers would be a better choice specially for mongols

2 Likes

Amen Brother I feel I exactly the same way

Talking about your post on 1-7