Regional Skins are already in the game! It's just a matter of allowing through NON DATA mod for Asian/African civs

Would absolutely love this, also we could play with the better Eagle model in Castle Age then :slight_smile:
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned here is how some of the hero unit models seem to be at a worse resolution (at least with UHD), not sure whats the reason here. We also have no 2nd models for Elite versions. The glow thing is easy to turn off, there already is a mod for that I think. Considering how much requested regional skins are and how many models you can use for that already exist as hero models and would only need to be optimised for this use a (maybe paid if they add more models) DLC should be the way to go.

3 Likes

Upvote here, and if it is a well done UHD optional mod, I wouldn’t mind paying a small fee to get it (under $5). My desktop can handle the RAM needs fine.
This is exactly what we don’t mind them charging for, and I would love to pay for the eye candy.

5 Likes

Please devs do this, its just a matter of using the skins ALREADY IN THERE

Insufficient stuff will result in half baked garbage.

You call that garbage…
You know what is garbage? The 100% Eurocentric skins we currently have(outside of some UU skins).

Even Partial replacement by ethnically correct skins that are already in-game is much much better than the Eurocentric skins we have.

Atleast give people the choice to HAVE this.

4 Likes

Nope I don’t agree to such inconsistencies. That would hurt more.

Atleast give people who dont mind what you do, the choice to HAVE this.

Thanks for agreeing.

1 Like

EXACTLY :cry: :pleading_face: :cry: :pleading_face: :cry: :pleading_face:

PLEASE DEVS ALLOW IT THROUGH NON-DATA MOD

NON DATA!

I MEAN NON DATA!!!

When I got DE, I WAS SO HYPE for the MODS MARKET and only for FINALLY GETTING NON-EUROPEAN UNIT SKINS!!!
But I was so sad when I learnt of the only mods I care about being locked behind non data mod, like never before!!! :pleading_face:

The Mongol Yurts in the new event seem to have been implemented without editing data file. This implies that devs can actually implement regional skins to specific civs without affecting data files allowing cross-compatibility?

3 Likes

Of course they can, like I was saying from months ago.
Which is why we must campaign to them to allow us to have optional (NON-DATA mod) REGION SPECIFIC GENERIC UNIT GRAPHICS
like I have said multiple times
Especially since many generic unit-lines (6-7 of the major ones) already have regional unit graphics in the game (via the many hero units I showed and more)

2 Likes

what do you mean?