Relic bonuses for all civs: too much?

I think that for relic bonus type civs it shouldn’t swap existing bonuses for such a feature, rather simply add an additional bonus or an increase to an existing bonus with the current as a base - for instance Teutons have + 100% healing range and gain +25% additional healing range per relic(max +100% additional) - small bonuses like this that don’t break balance would be cool.

1 Like

Yes I agree. Also Burmese and Huns which have something to do with relic

Why do you want to encourage people to collect relics? Taking relics in early castle age will cost you almost a TC, or it might be more than that if you get your monks killed. Whoever start taking relic first will reach imp late and lose the game.

In theory, just allowing the Relic Victory could force people to value the Relic without affecting the balance.

1 Like

If someone need a relic bonus it should be Italians and Saracens because they are considered representatives of the two largest religions on earth, Islam and Christianity and Irocnically none of them have any bonus for their relics nor their monks either.

1 Like

But it would take away the speciality of such civs. And all civs already have a relic bonus, they generate gold.

There once was a time when Saracen monks were special :smiley:

You mean when they were useless :rofl:. But I think Italians and Saracens should have some identity about relics or have some monks bonuses since b9th represent the largest religions.

They were effectively as good as today or better.

Yeah they still monks do their job but their old UT was not helpful and useless in most (if not all) cases. I really think they should have a monk bonus or a monastery bonus and also Italians.

Italians: Cheaper Monasteries
Saracens: Monasteries and Monks available an age earlier :smiley:

Yeah seems good. I was thinking about giving new units for Italians and Saracens. Pope and Imam. They have the basics of Monks but some special roles. Like maybe Imam can convert 5 units in circle have range of 7 and Pope like have more range convert like the normal monk have 9 Pope have 11 or something.

The pope, or rather any one specific pope, might work as a scenario hero, but just creating slightly better monks called popes at your monastry feels kind of weird. That’s like the barracks making generals which are just knights with +2 attack, or the university producing a foot soldier called “emperor”.

1 Like

I’d say that it’s too much for all civs but I would like to see more option related to the relics as a bonus. Lithuanians opened the Pandora-box for this IMO

2 Likes

If so, it should be called bishop and could convert only in diagonls 11

Jokes aside, the Pope is only one, whereas there were several bishops, they could be some sort of upgrade to the monk, having some features such as regenerating themselves or more hp or range

2 Likes

Old Bohemian bonus? Not bad.

This could be given to a potential new monk civ.
We can make Madrasah default for Saracens.

Aren’t they already in the scenario editor?
But honestly monk units are not suitable to have fancy mechanics or gimmicks.

1 Like

This would turn every game into “capture the relic” and streamline the gameplay way too much

It’s ok if it’s just Lithuanians, but making every civ matchup like that would make the game more monotonous and boring imo

heck it would be okay to give a new civ or two a similar bonus. but every civ? no.

5 Likes

Yeah why make old civs better if you can just add MORE civs… we dont need more civs, we need better existing civs

2 Likes

Majority will disagree.

3 Likes