Remappable hotkeys are not remappable and massive disappointment

I even said, not that it was the main reason, the main reason is that it is the best

What “pro” asked for a change? no one

I don’t understand what you’re saying.

firstly it’s different for each civ.
Secondly,
it’s super easy to remember grif with ECO/millitary on different pages/construction menu.

ASDFGH - militrary buildings.
CTRL + ASDFGH - “selectt all type of buildings”
QWERTY - queue units.
QWER - Eco buildings.

With current system, you will have S for Stable and Baracks.
Than you need change “go to building - to something else”

So, if you really want to remember hotkeys, old fashion is better.

amazing example
Is theViper pro? Than you have one.
Is Hera pro… or he did not considered to be one, cause he retired?

Is Demuslum pro? He did ask for different _SHIFT_ behavoir.

it’s another problem, but i find it related to the hotkeys.
i did not know his thoughts about layout.

btw
Less listen to BeastyQt. he talk a lot about his wishes. But everyone just brainlessly copy his thoughts. He played 24/7 20 000 games, would be surprised if he did not “relearn” his habits.

3 Likes

hotkey to build a building matching its first letter, then just holding ctrl+ that hotkey to jump to it, not intuitive you say? imo its a preferance thing, also explain then why every time a game makes only grid available there’s always a pushback? lemme do it for you, the layout isn’t the problem, grid panel applying to every single panel in the game is, making it impossible to remap anything in grid without changing 6 other keys you didn’t want to change

Whether someone prefers grid, or real remappable hotkeys, there’s no excuse to not have both.

Let’s be serious, this is a major franchise backed by one of the wealthiest companies on the planet.

To not have proper flexibility in controls is inexcusable.

This games feels like a step back in a lot of ways compared to the games it succeeded.

there’s a very straight forward solution to this problem, instead of making 2 separate systems, make keys fully remappable but arrange them into grid as default

1 Like

its just one more click guys, nothing to see here! :joy: