Remove Redundant/ Useless Cards in AOE 3

What is not possible?

Advanced Mill/Advanced Estate - Mills and Ɖ states are now free

If you have both cards on treaty or big team games you would regain at least 2000w from 2 Mills and 2 estates (at least)ā€¦ These cards would actually BE very good cards

Just look who I answered. His idea of " some cards send faster than others" is not possible
The speed cards are send from the homecity,is set in the civs.xml
So you can only set the speed of a HC card arriving per civ, but not per card.

1 Like

Sir @Breadalus while youā€™re here I would like to tell you the state of Aztec Great Temple of Tezcatlipoca Support card, currently itā€™s an age 4 card that cost 1500 coin for 12 pet jaguar and it combat bonus. I donā€™t think there is any need for an age 4 card to buff combat to a unit that canā€™t be retrained since Jaguar are no longer trainable. Pet Jaguar used to be an addition on Aztec army to counter skirmishers if the player canā€™t train coyote due to lack of wood on late game, the other Aztec army are easily defeated by mass skirmishers (JPK, ERK, Puma, Skull Knight), while the other 2: the Slinger and the Arrow Knight deal very small damage and also resisted by the skirmishers ranged armor.

So I would like to propose change for that card to improve Eagle Scout combat instead by the same amount of 35% and also give it 3x multiplier vs infantry as well a 0.33 multiplier vs heavy infantry, so that unit will counter skirmishers but not musketeer, halberdier, and other heavy infantry. While weā€™re at it, please also allow the age2 Advance Scout card to also benefit the Eagle Scout, remove their build limit, allow them to be trained at town center, and give them 1 pop.

1 Like

agreed that straight up redundant cards should be removed. even on legacy cards such the 6-7 rod shipment and 4-5 Cossacks would either be a noob trap or be overwhelming for the enemy player. they can also be modified to provide value in a different way other than be a worse version of an existing card.

I think landgrab is unhealthy for the game and should be removed, while improving advanced mills/plantations through hp/allowing villager garrison. greatly reducing the penalty of losing map control with just one card makes it too easy to turtle up and ignore the map.

In fact, China has a card that can speed up the arrival of shipping.
The game code is ā€œResearchPointsā€

Yes but thatā€™s for the entire civ, and not for single cards

What I mean is that these cards have a certain label to make the Chinese card take effect. You can directly modify the label value

this is not an issue its just how the game was when u had to level up

thanks for working on that.
I found 2 other redundant card for haudeno (Mantlets).

I hope the list is complete now, but i cant guarantee it :slight_smile: