Rename civilizations

My reasoning is that Mongolian identity continues to this day.

Whereas HRE, Dehli Sultanate, and the Abbasid Caliphate have been pretty much overtaken by history.

1 Like

Correct, that was my point with this post.
Now it seems it has evolved into something else lol.

3 Likes

Thats all I want too. A little consistency.
Pick a theme and stick to it.

I mean this game is rife with hilarious stereotypes like “Chinese villagers build faster” me and my friends were howling with laughter with that one.
This game isn’t supposed to be taken as a historical documentary, lol.

1 Like

Yes, that is why i suggested Chinese Empire.

Early on they referred as Franks.
They also referred as Saxons, Bavarians, Swabians, Lombards, Teutons, Latins, Bohemians, Dutch depending on their place of origin and later during the Habsburg reign also as Austrians, Spanish, and even Italians. But the devs decided to end the HRE at 1517 so the Habsburgs are not included as part of the HRE now, probably because they want to make them as part of a Spanish or Austrian civilization in the future.

2 Likes

Would be cool to have a lot of these people with their own civs tbh.
I can name a bunch that are already separate civs in Aoe 2.

So as I suspected, HRE had no internal identity.

1 Like

I think both Aztecs and Incas should be part of the game at some point. Not sure about Maya and other native american civs tho.

2 Likes

Ehm what do you think refer Landsknecht too ? :smiley: The HR emperors were Habsburgian since 1440. The most famous Landsknecht Georg von Frundsberg worked in service for the both big Habsburgian Emperors Maximilian I and Charles V. And Maximilian I was emperor until 1516 and is the reason for how the Habsburgians could enhance their control over the HRE into spain and the netherlands

Abbasid Dynasty as “Abbasids”.

But what about Abbasid Caliphate instead of Abbasid Dynasty?

2 Likes

Yeah sure thats perfectly fine with me.

This was my only problem for me really.

I think its mostly correct to refer to empires, kingdoms, caliphates, sultantes etc.
I actually think “Kingdom of England” and “Kingdom of France” would be fine now.

1 Like

In such case we can just call them Arabs, and then have other civilizations in the future for Iranians, Turks, Kurds, Mesopotamians, Egyptians, and Amazighs in the future.

1 Like

This 100% if we can at least reach the diversity of Aoe 2 i’d be quite happy. (although aoe 2 is mostly european heavy)

So as I suspected, HRE had no internal identity.

Correct

you are right, what I meant is that they decided to end the Holy Roman Empire at the begining of Charles reign in 1517. Probably because he is considered to be more Austrian-Spanish than Austrian-German.

That wont work.
Since Relic wants to maybe introduce other arabic factions. What will they call them? Arabs #2?

I am all for diversity in this game but adding anything more than Aztecs and Incas from America before even the last Kingdom from europe and asia is added is crazy idea.

1 Like

You do know what arab refers to right?
Its as broad as “european”.
And we already have a bunch of european factions we don’t call “european 2”.

1 Like

I’d still like 6 - 2 predominately North American civs, 2 Mesoamerican civs, and 2 South American civs. Ideally, I’d like to see the Aztecs, Mayans, Mapuche, Inca, Haida/Tlingit, and the Oceti Sakowin. I believe these six civs offer a variety of gameplay possibilities while still being popular and significant in their own right.

1 Like

Literally my point my god.
Please save me the brain cells and don’t reply to me. Dear lord…

I am all for clash of civilizations that AOE offers but I always found the whole meso american factions just too odd. What in the world are the incas supposed to do against knights and canons?
Suddenly you have people wearing animal skins and obsidian weapons smashing up plate armored cataphracts and knights?

I am not typing this again.

Not saying they weren’t terrifying, but It’s still essentially a Bronze Age military and to devote 6 civilization slots just for these guys? pretty insane.

1 Like