[Request] Please improve game performance

Hi greg, I’m already aware of the possibility of lowering resolution. I did try but encountered an issue: The furthest zoom you can achieve is coupled to your desktop resolution - the resolution you are using on windows outside of the game. If my desktop resolution is 1366x768 and I set my game to something lower than this, I can’t achieve anything further than a very close-up zoom. The obvious solution would be to lower my desktop resolution to the lower resolution I want to play in, but the game refuses to launch if your resolution is lower than 720 pixels height.
I made a thread about it, it received no attention whatsoever: Can't launch game on lower resolutions or select a low resolution in-game and zoom out

I have an SSD. the OS, steam and the game are all on the SSD. And if I didn’t the whole point here is that no solution that involves spending money is good enough, if I had income I would buy a gaming computer and just forget about it.

The thread I linked in my original post in this thread has a point I believe, if I had the option of having a fixed zoom performance would probably be improved, because all available zooms are probably being pre-rendered, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to change zoom on-the-fly without some sort of lag.
I assume if they did that and allowed me to launch the game on lower resolutions (to have proper zoom in low resolution) that performance may become good enough, without they needing to work much for it…

My original argument still stands, i’m playing Age of Empires II, the game is essentially the same, but there is something they are forcing on everyone that is dragging performance down compared to the original, I think whatever that is it should be optional, I don’t know if it’s the zoom, the new graphics, the animations, but something or multiple things were done that DO NOT CHANGE HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED but MADE PERFORMANCE CONSIDERABLY WORSE, whatever it is it should be fixed or we should be able to turn it off.

3 Likes