[Request][Poll] AoE IV Companion Book in PDF - Digital Deluxe Content/DLC

Dear Microsoft, hopefully the digital deluxe edition owners of the game can have a pdf version of this companion book;

Or to be sold as a separate DLC since some countries are not eligible to purchase the book due to shipping limitations.

This is the closest thing we can have access to the book if not physical edition.

Should the AoE IV companion book (in PDF format) be added to the Digital Deluxe Edition?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Would you buy the AoE IV companion book if released as a separate DLC?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Looking forward to your opinions fellow AOE IV players.

13 Likes

I agree with this, it should be in the digital deluxe edition as well.

2 Likes

Nice. If I like the game (which remains to be seen) I’ll buy one.

3 Likes

Yes please, can Microsoft reconsider this request? Besides the unit counter stat sheet and art compilation, a pdf version of this book will be great even as a separate DLC as the OP mentioned.

2 Likes

Updated the thread with polls.
To those unable to preorder or buy the physical book, this thread is for you. At least we can have the digital version if Microsoft will convert it into PDF format.

In my opinion this should have been one of the digital deluxe edition contents alongside the art compilations by Craig Mullin. I’m also willing to purchase it as a separate DLC too. It’s a win-win situation for both Microsoft and those who want these supplementary content. What say you all?

2 Likes

I assume question 2 means as PDF?

I bouth the book instantly, so I wouldnt buy it extra. But a digital version might be nice to include in a deluxe edtion (although I personally never like difital Artbooks, they just pale in comparison to real ones^^)

1 Like

The OP mentioned it as PDF format. It’s for people across the world unable to buy the physical version due to shipping and other limitations. The second best thing is to have the companion book in PDF either as digital deluxe bonus or separate DLC.

3 Likes

Considering how easy it is to share PDF files, they’re obviously trying to avoid piracy.

3 Likes

There are many games in Steam with digital deluxe edition that also contain “PDF files”. Nothing to do with piracy at all.

It’s a win-win for microsoft and the digital deluxe owners.

The OP also gave an alternative to add the companion book (PDF format) as a separate DLC. Example games in Steam are Library of Ruina who recently sell their Artbook which contains 400 pages too.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if eventually they released the book as a digital version such as Kindle etc, similar to how they eventually released all the DE soundtracks to digital music like Itunes/Amazon.

Not available in my country, lol, of course.

2 Likes

For those who are unable to have the book shipped to them direct from Future Press, I found the book on Amazon and it will most likely be offered at other bookstores too.

7 Likes

Lifesaveeeeeeeeeeeeer ;)…

Bruh I hope in still in my country when it comes

1 Like

yes completely agree, this should be part of DD edition. They are giving Craig Mullins art, so why not give us this? The DD is already expensive, this should be a must have in DD edition.

1 Like

Time to burst a few bubbles.

Will we see any DLC with this?
I think it’s strange to release a guidebook right after release. If we get DLC, will there just be 100 updated books all with $75 price tags? Would suck

its not a guide book though. Its a companion book. It seems rather to be an artbook but also includes strategic advice.
A guide book is not viable on its own anymore.

After the extremely disappointing digital deluxe edition, I hope at least we get this as the true “artwork” compilation.

1 Like