REQUEST: regional monks

Speak for yourself. No need to drag others in here.

and I say that Indians cover the Delhi Sultanate, because India is too big to cover with one single civilization.

and it’s clearly designed to cover the Delhi Sultanate.

There is no way Indians cover Tamils with trash tier navy and Infantry or Bengalis without melee Elephants.

I already told you. There were mistakes in the designing from the Forgotten Empires expansion. But the civilisation is meant to represent the indigeneous Indian civilisations. The Camels angle was inherited from FE but they didn’t change it. We have been following this issue for years.

1 Like

I told you that India can’t be represented by one single civilization.

Even without Camels.

India was never an empire in the Medieval Age. There were different Sultanates, Empires with different army, religion and cultures. You would need 15 bonuses to cover India.

Guys, please stop the off topic, about indians and camels. Indians could get the budhist, or the hindu. We know indians is, by far, the most umbrella civ of the game,so no point ir arguing that. Any monk would be more correct that a catholic priest

6 Likes

It’s too bad that this change can only be achieved with a data mod. If they could make an official visual mod for monks and a monk event month, that would be too great.

6 Likes

There was an African monk icon made too. If that could be added as a reskin unit in the game…

3 Likes

Where is that African monk? Anyway, I do not know which was the main religion of Ethiopians and malians

Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity and Islam respectively.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/0/04/African_monk_aoe2de.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/185?cb=20200419064915

1 Like

1 Like

Ohh, super cool. I would love to have that model as well

Easier way is to give monk skin according to the king skin.devs can always make new skins for the missing.

1 Like

Since the last few updates and events there have been no new unit graphics from devs. Only profile icons. :worried:

2 Likes

I also want this. It would be sooooooo easy for them to implement. Why dont they listen? It will only make the game better!

1 Like

There were several states and populations with other religions during the time period. The Jewish Beta Israel (the people of Gudit, from the Ethiopian campaign) were a major power in Ethiopia at some points.

We are referring here to the Aksumites, and later the Solomonic and Zagwe dynasties. The African priest sprite shared above would work well for Mali and Ethiopia.

Btw, since I’m asking things, I would re ask for this. Please!

Only issue on that regard are huge umbrella civs like Indians which could basically have different monk model.

1 Like

Sorry to necromance this, but it’s better than make a new post. Sincce we’re getting a second DLC, please add this feature on it

2 Likes

Not just regional monks but also more architecture sets. Like Chinese Castles should differ from Japanese architecture even Korean castles are distinct.

2 Likes