Resource drop off points are DUMB!

for me 3 resources are enough, it can be even only 2, but 4 are to much IMO

I too hate such tedious RTS tropes such as ‘selecting units’ ‘right clicking to move them’ and ‘queuing units at buildings’. When will the devs get to the 21st century?

4 Likes

We need to bring back AoE Castle Siege! Much better game with armies that automatically attacked for you and pay to win mechanics. I have no clue why they would shut the game down.

Lol if you read my post instead of just the headline you’ll understand my criticism more… In particular the Mine mechanic is just lacking and could use an overhaul to make it just as engaging as the wood mechanic…

I’m sorry but this is just in your head that you made solid arguments in your OP filled with a bunch of ellipsis.
you clearly don’t understand the dynamic of the dropoff points in relation to harassment and the TC.
you just referenced sc2 and aoe3 as some sort of argument, all the while conveniently leaving out the refinery that SC has.
If anything you think Refinery > aoe2 dropoffs. which is hilarious. HILARIOUS
sc refinery is literally next to the command centers or the crystals. what’s the point of that?

this is the most boring and lame take I’ve heard in a while. this is just as bad an idea as the ‘nomad treaty’ thread over at aoezone for aoe2 that is soon going to be implemented.

Ensemble probably removed the drop-offs to keep the building number low due to performance reasons and/or as to not overwhelm the player because aoe3 introduced home cards and basically a more intricate playstyle than aoe2.

to me it makes sense from a realism point of view and gameplay-wise to have drop-offs for stone and gold.
what you think, you dont have to separate gold or metals on site from the rock? I’m not a prospector but even back in the non-industrial days there must’ve been some refinement on-site.
same goes for stone. you cannot ship a 30-60 kg or however big a block it is. how you want to lift it as a human that works let’s say 8 hours a day.
What would be overkill is having carts going from dropoff site to the town center while having to mine with villagers. and tbh I wouldn’t mind trying out such a mechanic while leaving the trade carts for market in tact.
see it as a collection site. I’m sure this will make you sleep better.

I fail to see why that’s a hard concept to grasp. autoeverything basically.

You have no arguments here, except showing your distaste for something that got removed in aoe3 for potentially simplicity’s sake.

1 Like

This is literally mentality of 80% of these ridiculous forums…

The game should just become an autochess lul

3 Likes

So we’ve just totally ignored my ideas for expanding the mechanic instead of working it backwards… My point is completely that walking 2 steps backwards to drop off a resources is just pointless… It either needs expanding like the wood mechanic which is engaging and working so well… Or you mind as well pull back on the mechanic… No i dont think starcraft is great lol… The best argument i heard previously was that its “realistic” that they have to drop the resources off at the Towncenter…

You are not right! Drop points are LOVE!

2 Likes

I like resource buildings strictly because that means you can research multiple things AT ONCE. Better to have 3 spots upgrading at the same time than 1 spot doing all the upgrades

4 Likes

I’m right there with you. If I actually have to click a button one more time to tell the game I’m ready to advance to the next age, I’m done… immediate uninstall… can’t handle it!

Lol, just kidding. Your post was funny though :wink:

Adding proper storage of materials would have been a proper innovation and require actually new design, which I would have wholly welcomed. As is, it’s an aesthetic thing where the villagers actually look like they are milling around and doing things rather than sitting in one spot and transporting their ■■■■ to the ether.

Anyway, you aren’t wrong on the other front, the gold and stone should be spread out over a bigger area. Would have loved to create a quarry in an age game rather than just banging on random rocks.

Secondly, the gold drop off actually make sense (thematically). It’s to refine the gold out of the mine, so you put it in a smelter.