Current version: 0.3
Download app and view source code: GitHub page
I would like to present to you a program for viewing, comparing, creating and extracting files from BAR archives of the Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition (also supports AoE3 2007). This tool replaces the AoE3Ed Viewer developed by Ykkrosh, which does not work for the Definitive Edition.
The updated version includes all (x) functions that were in AoE3Ed Viewer, as well as new features.
- Syntax highlighting in previewing text files (xml, xs).
- Search in preview in text files (CTRL + F).
- Ability to scale images in preview.
- Grouping files by their format (optional).
- Sort by name, size, creation date.
- Search in the BAR archive.
- Calculation of CRC (optional).
- Create BAR archive from files and folders.
- The size of the selected entries.
- Converting XML <-> XMB (both 2007 and DE).
- Converting DDT -> PNG.
- Extract all files.
- Extract selected files.
- Comparison of BAR archives.
(x) Currently the application does not include the following features:
- Converting DDT <-> TGA (it is recommended to use Photoshop Plugin by kangcliff).
- Preview and correct unpacking/packing of sound files (files are encrypted, I will be grateful to the developers if they give more detailed information on this).
How to Use
- Download application from the link above.
- Unpack .zip and run Resource Manager.exe.
- Application requires .NET Core. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can download it from the direct link: .NET Core Runtime.