Resources for developing new civs

Hi AoE Dev Team,

My name is Dong Nguyen, and I am writing to introduce myself as a researcher specializing in medieval Vietnamese weapons and armors. I recently authored a book titled “Lôi Động, Tinh Phi” (literally “Thunder and Meteorite”), which delves into the history of Vietnamese firearms from the 14th to the 19th century.

I am reaching out to offer my expertise and resources to assist in the development of future expansions for Age of Empires IV, particularly if Vietnam is to be included as an in-game civilization. I believe that the rich and vibrant history of Vietnam during the medieval period has great potential to be showcased in your game, and I would be thrilled to contribute to its immersiveness by adding authenticity and depth.

In “Lôi Động, Tinh Phi,” I have extensively researched and documented the evolution, variety, significance, and use of Vietnamese firearms during the specified time frame. The book includes detailed descriptions, illustrations, and photographs of historically significant weapons, providing valuable references for game designers and artists. I would be more than happy to provide a copy of my book to your team as a reference to enhance the accuracy and realism of any future depiction of Vietnamese weaponry in the game.

Therefore, please provide me with an address so that I could send a copy.

An English description of my book can be found here.

Furthermore, I am well connected to a network of researchers who specialize in various aspects of medieval Vietnamese history, including architecture, clothing, religions, and more. We are a dedicated group of scholars who are passionate about our heritage and are always eager to assist in the creation of historically accurate and engaging in-game civilizations. Our collective knowledge and resources can be a valuable asset in ensuring the authenticity and immersive experience of the game.

I look forward to the possibility of working together. Please feel free to reach out to me at dongnnp@gmail.com if you require any further information or have any questions.

Best regards,
Dong

4 Likes