Respectful appreciation of the developers

I am amazed by the aoe 4 game, it has all the game breaking feature, whit no fun game feature.

I fear that if i talks about the villager, they will destroy it from the game.

I am shock that the closed beta was beter then the actual game.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy I did not pre-order to be honest. All the things that annoyed me during both closed and open beta are still in. Nothing really feels or looks changed watching Twitch release gameplay.

I guess itā€™s just not a game for me which makes me sad as I feel alienated but Iā€™m also happy other people do like the final product.

2 Likes

I agree. Thatā€™s exactly my point. Those who want simplistic form of buildings, small trees or no crew, should have the option to turn those on. but they should not be the default.

I am a simple casual player. I even donā€™t care about balance or skill. All I want is immersive experience. Iā€™m never in a hurry to finish off my opponent and sometimes my matches last for 3-5 hours. For e.g. Yesterday I spent one hour just enjoying killing enemy units with my bombard and ships who tried to cross the river. It was great fun watching enemy commit suicide by coming in front of my cannons and monitor ships. Boom, and their bodies get thrown in water. What an amazing gameplay. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Let AOE4 give me this kind fun and pleasure. and I will be happy for the rest of my life.
There are large number of people like me who care about the visuals. I just hope we will not be ignored.

5 Likes

You respectfully speak for yourself and the data you have collected. There are players playing since AOE1 who donā€™t give two ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about hotkeys and their opinion is as valuable as your wall of text.

1 Like

This is just ā€œthis game is a desasterā€ part two. I know that there was a neutral (yet slightly biased) opening, but itā€™s descended back into the same old thing.

3 Likes

Damn dude I am exactly the same (but I play competitive too), itā€™s so satisfying, but why the heck are not u playing AoE 3 DE LOL

And at this point we will be ignored, I doubt we get a scene generator. And About siege unfortunately it wonā€™t be any satisfying to see, our only game to enjoy that epicness is AoE 3, sad but true.

P.D its sad I really wanted to await the AI ords in a river with my mangonel, but those little stones is like if they were attacking with a slingshot and wonā€™t be any good to see anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

It was crashing, so gave up on it. Could be time for a new PC. :sweat_smile: I agree. siege is not going to be satisfactory here. Those big trebuchets and mangonels sound good, but no fun in watching them as there is no good enough visible projectile and damage animation. We are just stuck with aging up as fast as possible and destroying the enemy landmarks, and the game gets over. Sadly, there doesnā€™t seem any more depth. Campaigns seemed interesting, but would have loved the story from the Heroā€™s point of view. and after the attractive cinematics, we all come to those same basic unpolished things we complain about. so I think waiting is wise.

1 Like

It would have been logic to see a winter season.

Like see villager farm in summer and hunt in winter.

Insted, we get a generic steril single map theme.

2 Likes

I think the sameā€¦it would have been nice to have maps with changing climates,which makes you change strategies throughout the gameā€¦

2 Likes

You can change any map into a snow map.

When i read you, I got this weard fealing of only a color texture paint of permanent death white.

Can you feal the snow in game or is it only a static background?

Can season change?

Can you see the tree lose leaves and see snow cumulation on tree?

Can you see your farm become dead and be recover by snow?

Can you see your solders footprint that stay in the snow?

Can you see dead body be recovered by snow?

Can you feal when it snow and when there is a blizzard?

Are your units affected by snow cumulation?

Can your unit trow a snowball at other units?

Can your units cross river and walk on the ice beach, or even build on it?

Does the deer move eat moss and tree bark at winter, insted of grass in summer?

Can you see a wolf hunting a white rabit, on the snow field?

Those are some really cool ideas. At first glance AOE4 seems extremely barebones, lacking details, and unattractive in graphics (my personal opinion only). However there actually are some cool life like details, like how units move, villagers attacking with torches, water, and the terrain. The units and buildings I personally think look very bad, combined with terrible scaling and camera options, and it sounds like there are a bunch of people constantly yelling in an echo chamber in the background during the few games I watched, so it is a weird mix of really good and really bad.

I have an idea of what your vision is, and it sounds great. Imagine a bunch of highly detailed realistic units, like miniatures, with horses and mules carrying supplies and war dogs, moving around on a lifelike landscape with seasons, sun, full moon. Imagine a civ that gets a bonus attacking at night, imagine an army with torches attacking at night. Imagine wild life and animals as part of the terrain, appearing and behaving naturally. Imagine watching and managing it all in real time and being able to view it all from afar (i.e. zoomed way out for a sense of epicness and scale). It is basically the polar opposite of the game we have now unfortunately. We can keep dreaming about it.

Those are all just distractions from the SC2-like gameplay they are aiming for and have no place in the game.

Welp, I just watched the prelaunch 2v2 match stream with the devs. The match looked fun, but the devs did not answer a single specific question.

I guess the suits have them by the short hairs? Kind of disappointing from a community relations perspective. A lot of people asked very good, very specific questions. They ignored them all and only answered touchy-feely questions that nobody cared about. Unfortunate.

The game still has potential, but they really gotta start communicating better.

1 Like