Restore file of multiplayer game that went out of sync does not run correctly

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36906.0.4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: GABYGVM.87

Issue:

If there is an out of Sync, and we are taken out of the game (in a multiplayer game), a restore point is created. When we try to restore it (with same players), the file restores it correct, BUT when other players are downloading the file, the civilizations are changed mostly to Britons (always someone is assigned Britons) and right away when the game loads, it finishes with the message “You have been defeated”.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. It has happened several times, but last time it was 2 players vs an AI level hard.
  2. Game goes out of sync (why?) and a file is saved.
  3. We are forced to get out of the current game main menu.
  4. Go to Multiplayer
  5. Click on Restore.
  6. In the list there is our saved games, and you can see the out of sync I was talking about (and also a previous one of 7 players).
    7.Click load game
  7. The lobby opens:
  8. Now, I can’t replicate as the other player is not online, BUT if this player was, AND downloads the saved file, the civilization changes to britons and there is no way to change it.
  9. Also sometimes the team number assigned is changed to “?”
  10. Nothing to do to fix that so we all select “I’m Ready”.
  11. Click on “Start the Game”
  12. The loading with all players and civilization shows up (still britons) and when the map is to load, we get the “You have been defeated” over a black screen.

ATTACHMENTS:

I Have the saved files… of the games, but I can’t attached them because of the extension.
I am a new user and I can’t attach more than one image so, sorry I can’t attach more.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Game goes out of sync, save created, restore to “You have been defeated”