Revolutions needs a rework

Not currently

South Africa is specifically specialized in economics. The most neutral example is the Canadian revolution which keeps the settlers but does not necessarily have an economic specialty like South Africa.

And I find that the Canadian revolution is not very interesting, not economical enough, not military enough, access to age 5 would be a good thing for it.

I think it depends on the revolutions. Giving age 5 to south africa would be OP (with capitol economy technologies), but not others (canada for example).

3 Likes

OMG, so true… that villager attack bonus is so useless… even though Canada get less military bonuses, it can still backdoor with the natives card, and the infinite Fort Spam is always a pain to deal, easily in this case because the villagers keep gathering during the process.

But i agree in general, Canada isn’t so unique like others. I only like it because you can make the Fort spam FASTER than the others, since you don’t need to ship anything to get going.

2 Likes

I rev’d to Canada for the first time today as French, going natives on x2 Bourbon map… it was glorious.

2 Likes

But I always find it easier to get shipments after I revolt.

A chile le tienen que agregar más cartas para hacerla funcionar

2 Likes

Chile debería cambiar a sus revolucionarios por batallones cívicos, infantería con un ataque cuerpo a cuerpo potente que les otorga bonus contra la infantería, la carta de salitrera debería de dar 6 aldeanos y una fabrica y mejorar el índice de producción de las fabricas un 50% también una carta que se llame trilla a yegua a suelta que habilite el entrenamiento de caballos que trabajen en los molinos para conseguir alimento

¿básicamente mosqueteros, pero con mas ataque cuerpo a cuerpo?

Dado que chile no es una revolución centrada en la economía, creo que con las dos fabricas esta bien, pero la idea de aumentar la producción de las fabricas me parece buena, las hace mas prioritarias para el enemigo y mas valiosas para las revoluciones.

¿Básicamente un equivalente a los carretones de colono alemanes?

I would like to know which of the two is right.

My personal theory is that revolutions force us to create more units and be more aggressive, this does not force us to produce more experience in less time based on destroying and building.

:thinking:

:laughing:

:rofl:

1 Like

Literal tus aldeanos se vuelven soldados, el ataque de los rev de chile debería ser de un 40 con un bonus de 1,5 contra toda la infanteria, mientras que los caballos son un 30% menos eficientes que un carretón de colono, pero sólo valen 100 de alimentos y 1 de pop

Xp for the next shipment
Sans titre 2

Xp for the next shipment after revolting (and after the research time of the revolution)
Sans titre 3

It didn’t move.

Another test: use the “nova & orion” cheat code (10.000 XP) with and without the revolution.

Totally without revolution
1 n&o: lvl 12
2 n&o: lvl 17
3 n&o: lvl 21
4 n&o: lvl 25
5 n&o: lvl 29

Revolution after the 2nd nova & orion
1 n&o: lvl 12
2 n&o: lvl 17
→ revolting
3 n&o: lvl 21
4 n&o: lvl 25
5 n&o: lvl 29

The shipment gain is the same

Both follow the shipment progression explained in the age of wiki and don’t reset it:
https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Experience

2 Likes