Ridiculous Gate Bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…

When selecting a group of walls, and then withing the group selection, selecting a full wall (that would be able to have a gate built into it) and building a gate makes it so all selected walls, no matter the size, become gates.

I am aware that this “issue” has existed in the original game

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

This will happen under any circumstancece

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select a group of walls
  2. Go through the selected units and select a wall that can have a gate build into it
  3. Build the gate on the selected wall

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Only the selected wall should have the gate build into it

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Ever wall, no matter the size, became a full-size wall gate.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like

This is not a bug , it’s how it is since always . U will find the same phenomenon in aoe3 tad , or Nilla . This feature been there since the game first came . And I don’t think it needed to be change , as it makes players life easy . It was and it is and it should be part of game like the way it is

I am aware that this has existed since the original version, however, it clearly wasn’t intentional game design. I get what you mean about the quality of life improvement, but it really just defeats any concept of a “wall” and rather becomes something of an allied forcefield.

Whatever ur argument is , but I don’t see any negative in chabging every segment in gate , u could just make proper walll segment , delete pillars and make everything gate , what most players do . U could do same without so much hastle by selecting everything and make gates , it will cost little more wood tho. But it save players pain to make proper segments and dekte pillars .