Rise of Empires fraud

I know this isn’t that only game that does such practices, but the advert below for the mobile game ‘Rise of Empires’ heavily insinuates that their game is a mobile remastered version of Age of Empires. Its essentially fraud. The advert has over 3 million views at the time of writing and although Microsoft probably are aware of it and consider it as ‘small fish’, I thought it was worth bringing it to someone’s attention in case they didn’t.

4 Likes

Oh boy they even refer to Age of Empires in their adds and using ingame music, no worries they steal anything they can :smiley:

2 Likes

I watched the ad. It’s legit fraud. It uses the name Rise of Empires as the PC game name. Then claims this is the remastered,

It’s either trolling (hence the likes) or legit fruad.

Also, suggest moving this to Age of Empires II: DE instead @DecafUnicycle28

1 Like

Happy to move it, but I dont know how. If a mod or someone wants to do it then I’m happy for them to do so!

This topic is not about Age of Empires II: DE. It’s about an imitation version, so it is best suited in off-topic.

2 Likes

Just gonna throw these into the fire cause the situation irks me:

In most of cases, Microsoft would have sued years ago, or even send goons to threaten to break their business and their legs with big company impunity (you know how is the US). But this is Chinese spyware made by Xi Jinping, and that’s a big no no for lawyers, because you have to “think about the market” and not make the CCP angry by attacking one of their many state owned companies

It’s probably more like “not worth” than “too scared to”. I am pretty sure that these mobile games are just simply not worth the effort going after because they’re usually garbage money grabs and any real gamer can tell the difference between these rip-offs and actual AoE games – so they probably do not really threaten the market share of the actual AoE franchise. Most people who seriously play RTS wouldn’t really consider playing them on mobile…

The rigth conter attack, for rise of empire fraud, would be to release age of empire 1 and age of empire 2 on mobile phone.

Via google play and apple store.

That fake publicity would play in favor for microsoft.