- GAME BUILD: Version 101.102.18071.0 (#83607) 11179620
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
Custom modded in-game music for the DLC “Return of Rome” will not play, the game will instead opt for trying to play whatever in-game theme wasn’t modded, for example if I replace all in-game music (“aoe_ingame01.wem” to “aoe_ingame24.wem” ) the game will end up looping the civilization theme.
The themes for losing or winning however work fine, same thing as “aoe_frontendXX.wem”
This is the directory where I’m placing the music files:
I also have tried “[MOD NAME]\modes\Pompeii\resources_common\sound\music” but that doesn’t seem to replace the songs since the normal ones start playing.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a local mod
- Put a custom .wem in “[MOD NAME]\modes\Pompeii\resources_common\sound\music”
- Rename the .wem file to aoe_ingameXX.wem (XX can be a number from 01 to 24)
- Open up AoE II:DE switch to Return of Rome and go in-game to test the music
Return of Rome should play custom in-game music, same as regular AoE II:DE.