RTS : About multitask and strategy -Deep thoughs-

@kinzo love the avatar, Legions are the best looking units in the game IMHO :slight_smile:

Oh god i knew that this discussion would never ever end, despite the fact that the developers already clarified that we will be getting TWO SEPARATE GAMES in the DE. What is this the sixth thread or something of us talking about gates and farms?
I see that the debate is deteriorating, with posts splitting the “trve gamerz who konw waht they want 4 the game” and “casuals” just wanting to ruin the ever-legendary Aoe 1.
To both factions, you have to give up: basically everyone is getting what he wants. The traditionalist hardliners are getting the same exact freaking game they used to play online and the modernists are getting the freaking remaster and rebalance they waited for 15 years. All happy now?

@Totalste said:
Oh god i knew that this discussion would never ever end, despite the fact that the developers already clarified that we will be getting TWO SEPARATE GAMES in the DE. What is this the sixth thread or something of us talking about gates and farms?
I see that the debate is deteriorating, with posts splitting the “trve gamerz who konw waht they want 4 the game” and “casuals” just wanting to ruin the ever-legendary Aoe 1.
To both factions, you have to give up: basically everyone is getting what he wants. The traditionalist hardliners are getting the same exact freaking game they used to play online and the modernists are getting the freaking remaster and rebalance they waited for 15 years. All happy now?

No.

No one want the old game.
We want the new game, with new graphics, new music (but just remastered without modification except quality)
And old mechanics, except some exception (walkable farms, rally points, minimap…).

And then there is people that want age of empire4, and that tell to all others people , “hey go back to the game from 1998 who will be packaged”
sorry, but we disagree

Here : https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/676/farm-queuing-suggestion-to-make-everybody-happy#latest

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I could live with auto-farms, I don’t have a problem with the Upatch changes, I wouldn’t even have a problem with a couple of new additions - perhaps another tech beyond Tower Shield to help infantry in Iron, or civ/team wide bonuses for building a wonder (perhaps a trickle of gold like AOE3 banks).

What I simply cannot live with is any concept of ditching the randomness of the map generator in favour of symmetrical maps to allow build orders and bloody e-sports. If they want tournament maps fine, create it as a separate selection in the drop down ‘DM,RM,TM’.

Ultimately, we don’t need massive balance changes as the community just went 3v3 Random 1.5 speed, no Reveal and it was very rare that one team ended up completely screwed on both civ and map.

Why can’t we have both? Let there be 2 categories: random maps and symmetrical (I’d better call them balanced or something like that, because there are no completely symmetrical maps except those that were specifically made via editor). AoM has many premade maps and several random maps for example.

@Tgaud said:

@Totalste said:

No.

No one want the old game.
We want the new game, with new graphics, new music (but just remastered without modification except quality)
And old mechanics, except some exception (walkable farms, rally points, minimap…).

And then there is people that want age of empire4, and that tell to all others people , “hey go back to the game from 1998 who will be packaged”
sorry, but we disagree

Queue units…

Thats all those mechanics that make the overall game enjoyable.
And that explain while, in some modern game with a lot of comfort/automatic option, the game becomes boring.

Totally disagree. :confused:

The new features making AoE2HD more comfotable like multi queue indeed make the game more enjoyable to me.

And I love the automatic citizens in Rise of Nations.

The main reason I have stopped playing sc2 and won’t buy scr is because its’ high apm requirement.

I don’t think the people who prefer AoE than Starcraft will like heavy apm sinks. Most AoE players play games in normal speed when Starcraft players always play game in fastest speed.

To me it is always good to make the game more comfortable.

I play age of empire on voobly and gameranger, and every game are in 2.0 (fast) speed…
Even pro level (viet) is in 2.0…

I don’t know where you play age of empire but its not true.

comfortable yes. auto-assisted no.
or Just watch youtube video of progamer, its a 0APM Game. :wink:

@Tgaud said:

I play age of empire on voobly and gameranger, and every game are in 2.0 (fast) speed…

I play HD on default lobby and most of the games are normal speed and I like it.

Auto-assisted doesn’t mean you don’t need control fast. It just eliminates meanless APM sinks and helps people focus more on the tactic and strategic parts. If you have played multiplay of Rise of Nations competitively you know what I mean. It still contains multitask and lots of micro and fast players still have advantage, but the slow players can enjoy the game comfortably thanks to the automatic mechanism and modernized UI.

I have stopped starcraft because I don’t like the designs like manual mules and manually spawning larvae of sc2, 12 units selection of sc:r, many caster units like ghosts with high APM requirement can’t be used efficiently by slow players. AoE should go in different direction.

I don’t want to play a game players have to click buildings one by one to produce units, and can only order 4 units to move.

@Tgaud said:

I play HD on default lobby and most of the games are normal speed and I like it.

Auto-assisted doesn’t mean you don’t need control fast. It just eliminates meanless APM sinks and helps people focus more on the tactic and strategic parts. If you have played multiplay of RoN competitively you know what I mean. It still contains lots of micro and fast players still have advantage, but the slow players can enjoy the game comfortably thanks to the automatic mechanism.

I have stopped starcraft because I don’t like the designs like manual mules and manually spawning larvae of sc2, 12 units selection of sc:r, many caster units like ghosts with high APM requirement can’t be used efficiently by slow players. AoE should go in different direction.

I don’t want to play a game players can only click buildings one by one to produce units, and can only order 4 units to move at once.