Safe delete not working: Lost TC without warning and therefore the game as well

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I have safe delete enabled.

I selected walls and a gate to delete. I accidentally had my TC selected as well (i didnt knew this) when hitting the delete button. Since i have safe delete enabled i should have had a pop up to warn me about deleting the TC. But in reality i didnt got this warning at all!

As result of this mistake it was already game over for me. I didnt had the wood for a new TC and i would be very far behind in vill numbers. So it was already gg as result of this bug. So please fix this bug.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

I havent seen any pop ups during deleting stuff. This is the first time i noticed i deleted something that should have resulted in the pop up first.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select walls/gates on Arena. Accidentally add TC (i wasnt aware the TC was selected at all)
  2. TC got deleted without pop up.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

First the pop up if safe delete is enabled.

is this in a mod? if so, they changed the way how TC/castle/towers safe deletion is starting this patch with hero attributes. my mod’s safe deletion for most important buildings such as wonder TC/castles all got removed.

to add them back on you need to compare town center attributes with the new data file.

I played in ranked, so no data mods allowed. It is just the base game TC. So the ingame option need to work without issues.

1 Like

Thanks for this! We are now tracking this issue ~