[Scenario Editor] Large group of Units move automatically when playtesting the scenario

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: latest
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When you place a large amount of units alligned in a certain way, lets say put them in manually in a box formation, and then go on to play test the scenario, the units move automatically; it is like someone rallied them to a certain point but there are no triggers or anything like that activated. WTF…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Place many units aligned in a certain way
  2. Playtest the scenario
  3. Wait a few secs
  4. Observe that they are rallying and break the instance

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The units aren’t supposed to be sentient, they should stay still if i don’t command them.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Units in the editor

When playtesting with no triggers

Hi @RoomOfTheEvil !

Thanks, we are now tracking this issue ( ^∇^)

1 Like

C’était déjà comme ça dans le jeu d’origine.

Au lancement de la partie, le jeu considère que les unités ont été crées. Et, dans Age of Empires 3, les unités nouvelles crées se regroupent.

Ce qui n’est pas très dérangeant en escarmouche. Mais dans l’éditeur c’est plus embêtant si on veut faire des cinématiques ou du placement précis.

1 Like

When i tried to make the screenshots for the september and october contest, it didn’t happen. One of the last 2 patch must have reintroduced it.

Hi @RoomOfTheEvil,

I don’t know whether you’ll see this ever, but you can make them stop by adding a trigger which disables auto formations. To create it you go to:

trigger
create
condition (set to always)
effect (Auto formation, Use Auto Formation OFF)

That should be it. I tested this in my own scenario and the units stopped moving, it should do this too in yours.

Have fun modding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for now!

It does the work.