[Scenario] OR Condition doesn't work with manual ordering

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When conditions are created in the right order the are executed like expected. When moved in correct order manually. It won’t.

What I want to achieve:

When created in the order shown above, the Send Chat effect is executed.
When all 3 Chance conditions are created first, then the Or condition is created and then the Or condition is moved to the right location, the Send Chat effect is not executed.

Visually, these look the same, except for the last condition to be named: C#3 Chance.
The one in the image above is the one that doesn’t work

Another reason this is considered a bug is because the display order of effects. These work as you’d expect, executing from top to bottom visually. So not based on creation time like conditions do now.

Dev note: It looks like conditions are checked using their internal ID (based on creation time) and not their display ID (based on display order).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create new scenario
  2. Add Trigger
  3. Add Chance Condition, value: 100
  4. Add Chance Condition, value: 0
  5. Add Chance Condition, value: 100
  6. Add OR Condition
  7. Move OR condition between the Chance 0 and second Chance 100 condition
    (End result should look like the image added above and below (With the same Condition # numbers))
  8. Add Send Chat Effect with ‘Success!’ as text
  9. Test the scenario and watch it not work.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The Send Chat effect showing the message

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

1 Like

Well this has always been the case going back to 2000 AoC version of the game.
Display Order =/= Execute Order as there is, as you already said, an internal order based on the creation time. Using the arrows on the side does nothing except changes triggers/effect visually, and not their order

Changing the order is only possible by deleting / copying effects and Trigger to the desired Order or with the Software Trigger Studio that doesnt have DE support (and probably never will)

If you know a bit of programming it also possible with:

For big maps with lots of triggers where the order is important copying them is just too tedious so I made scripts with the lib above to reorder everything based on display order.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I know that program :smiley: I wrote it :wink:
But indeed you can fix it using the parser. But I’d still consider it a bug when both look the same visually but function differently :confused:

2 Likes

Oh, didn’t notice the name :smiley: Awesome lib btw using it for a lots of stuff :slight_smile:. Without it I would not be able to do my conversions to coop campaigns.
Yeah, I agree about the bug part. And I don’t think it would be a breaking change or even a very difficult one for them to fix it.

1 Like