Scout JUST STOP (right click, chase... but suddenly STOP)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 82587 11090916
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

In short: in “stay ground” mode my scout chases enemy, BUT suddenly stops. There are only 2 non static objects. My scout and enemy. There are no obstacles.

In detail.

My scout patrols in attack mode and meets enemy scout, my scout does first hit, enemy scout goes away.
After it i want to change scout behavior mode to “stay ground” and continue to attack enemy scout.

Before last patch i had troubles like this: if i first right click enemy scout and then click “stay ground”, my scout stops, so after clicking “stay ground” i have to right click enemy scout VERY FAST (if not fast enough, distance between scouts increases). Okay, it’s bad but playable.

After last patch i click “stay ground”, then right click enemy scout (at least twice to be sure it’s not missclick), my scout continue moving, i relax… some seconds after i see that my scout just stopped in the open field. Seems the scout stops exactly after hit.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 75% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play arena.
  2. Fight with scouts.
  3. Patrol first in attack mode.
  4. Chase enemy scout.
  5. Try to change “attack mode” to “stay ground mode”.
  6. Do not forget to right click enemy scout again.
  7. Wait first hit to check if scout stops or not.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

In ideal world 1-5 already gives result “my scout chases enemy”.
At least 1-6 should give result “my scout chases enemy”.
My scout should not stop after hit.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Chase

Hit (in stay ground mode)

Scout stops after hit.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.102.17051.0 #(82587) @2023.05.04 064651 (1).aoe2record (2.1 MB)

Timestamp: 05:45

1 Like

Thanks for this detailed report, I reported this issue to the team :slight_smile:

1 Like