Screen Stutter since hotfix

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: How do I even check this? It’s the version for the hotfix that was released last night - 9/11/2021
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

My screen stutters and jumps when panning. Units no longer move smoothly but visually stutter.
It also happens on the loading screen when loading into the game - the firesparks and all moving items stutter.

Screen recordings can be provided.

Started happening with hotfix released 9/11/2021

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch Game
  2. Watch screen stutter
  3. Bang head against desk in sadness as limited freetime has now expired.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Game would run smooth like before

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*your file client won’t let me upload

1 Like

Can’t upload files using your file client.

Reach out and I can share it directly.

Hey @Murken901
does this still happen? Have you tried verifying your game files on steam or reinstalling the game?

This is happening to me too, since the last hot fix. During the game i’ve freeze for 2-3 seconds and then a fast forward.
Oh and I’ve reinstalled the game as well, it still stutters.

HI ChristheCo

I got support via email but I’ll update here too

Uninstalling(subscribing) all mods and reinstalling seems to work.

I’ve tried to uninstall game and mods, nothing is changed. The game still stutter every minute for 1-2 seconds…

1 Like

Hey, in that case could you please submit a request here:
https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

This will help us understand your problem better, as it is something happening specifically to you.
Best luck and have a nice day

1 Like

Just sayin, I’ve solved turning back Malwarebytes. Seems there was a conflict with it.

1 Like