Season 2 focuses too much on competitive players

I think this should been features at launch , so they should be in game asap.

Map vetoes are a thing for MP players , not only competitive player .

The game needs new content soon. Maps, a new faction etc.

Not really bothered about whether the vocal 1v1 minority get esports ■■■■ or not tbh.

2 Likes

Interesting topic. I just created this post echoing similar concerns:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/patches-are-solely-focused-on-competitive-players/202772/22

Devs, please do take notice. Most of the forum members are ranked/hardcore players which comprise no more than ~20% and you’re completely losing context on what 80-90% of the player base would like to see improved.

STOP just focusing on eSports! or you will kill whatever remains of this game which only has 10% of active players from its peak.

3 Likes

You did a great post :slight_smile:

Completely agree.

Competitive players are heavily overrepresented in this forum. At the beginning we had about 70’000 players. So my urgent advice: Don’t be blinded by the overrepresented competitive players in this forum and don’t forget the 80 to 90 percent of possible non-competitive players.

The strong focus on e-sports and competitive players needs to stop if this game wants to have a long term future.

1 Like

Guys, the game just needs more content options. They can focus on the competitive side 100% so long as they give us more options to use our custom content with friends.

I’d like a custom maps matchmaking for those just interested in being thrown into something different.

1 Like