Semi-noob among the noobs

Pikeman are trash, but in this game that’s a term for units that cost no gold. These units are not generally very good except specifically as a counter (pikemen counter cavalry, skirmishers counter archers and cavalry archers, scouts counter monks and are great for attacking defenseless villagers while the army is busy elsewhere), and as a way to save gold so you’ll last longer when it runs out. Often players will end up using one of the trash units, usually something that complements their main army. If you’re going knights and you’re fighting someone using archers skirmishers can be really good, if the enemy is using camels pikemen are often the way to go.

To get to your farms vs fish question: if there is fish available it’s quicker to use fishing ships. You’ll still have your town center constantly creating villagers, but those can all gather other resources while your boats fish, so your total amount of work getting done is higher. however, many maps don’t have water, and as you don’t like fighting with ships anyway a farm civ is fine. In the late game, after you stop making villagers, there’s not really a difference except where you need to defend your economy.

Britons would indeed be a great choice if you like archers. They don’t have a farm bonus, but they do get a sheep bonus, so you’ll have a little help getting up to a good start and not looking like an easy mark while you boom up. Their unique unit is indeed a beastly long range archer that can handle almost anything. Maybe use some pikemen (ideally I’d recommend light cav, but the Britons don’t have very good light cav) if the others know the game well enough to counter with rams. Huns are a civ that does both archers and cavalry pretty well, so you can choose to go either way as you play, and they are especially known for their cavalry archers, so that’s an option as well. Chinese are another option, they have fast firing archer unique units. Like Britons not the best at cavalry, but they do get a farm bonus. Turks could be good too, if you’re willing to think gunpowder rather than archers. Use their unique unit or regular hand cannoneers and add in light cavalry as a meat shield. Finally I’m going to plug Berbers, because I like them. They have cheaper cavalry, and for a late game archer unit you can go either for their main unique unit, camel archers, or for the genitour they make from their archery ranges. Genitours are mounted skirmishers (so, a trash unit), and like regular skirmishers they’re only any kind of good vs archers and other trash like pikemen, so anything else needs to be handled by knights, camels and/or camel archers.

(In all of these options you will eventually need a siege unit as well to finish things off, but that doesn’t have to be a main focus right from the start.)

I hope that isn’t too much information and ones and helps.

You wanna help me cuz you wanna help the community grow and your a nice guy wink wink
Also my friends are very casual while I’m full tryhard and they know my mentality and got used to it. In case they won’t have fun against me we might just 4v4 against bots on the hardest difficulty and play untill we win or untill we lower the difficulty enough to have a chance

No, I want this game to die.

On a serious note, I’ll let others help you instead and shall withdraw myself from this thread.

You can write a Wikipedia page and I would read it happily.
On the fish part I was asking particularly about fishing traps only vs farming. The villager need to go further from the farm and they are slower than boats. But I don’t know who collects faster and if the wood/ratio is better on fish traps than on boats. I could literally use a small lake just to fill it with fish traps instead of wasting food on villagers and put them on farms.
And on the fighting part I personally think that cavalry in front with archers behind are the best so I don’t see the point of militia, unless you are desperate to get some military units as quick as possible.
Also, I don’t see the point of rams, they are slow and melee, I think they are terrible, for buildings I would just use the catapult from castle or petards. But then again, I’ve seen pros using rams so I might just not know how to use them.
Also, I spoke to them and we are 7 and the only thing we established so far is to have 75 max population since someone doesn’t have a good pc and he would be lagging.
So I think about having 10-15 cavalry, 20 archers and 1-2 catapults as an army and for defence 5-10 pikeman and 5-10 guys who throw spears(vs archers).

Okay, I could have explained the ram thing better. Rams are incredibly strong vs arrows. They have to be to be able to approach castles. So with a few exceptions, like the Mongol mangudai, archer units kill rams super slowly. If someone else has really good archers and you want to kill them one thing you can try is using your own archers but parading rams in front. Units will automatically attack the closest enemy unless constantly retasked, so the rams soak up enemy fire while you kill his archers. If someone tries this on you the counter is to bring in a melee units, preferably something fast, to kill the rams. And that’s what I meant, as Britons you basically don’t need anything other than archers, except if the enemy uses rams. (So… With every general rule in this game there are loads of exceptions, you also want something else as british when you get knight rushed in early castle for example, but let’s not worry about that for now.)

75 population is trickier than it seems. If you want to tryhard it you have to overboom. So in a typical game a bit over half your population are villagers (or fishing ships) while the rest is military. So that’s around 40 in a 75 population game. But 40 villagers is not enough to quickly get to the imperial age and buy all the technologies you want, so instead you make more then that and delete some (or send them to attack the enemy) when you’re done with them.

After a few games people may be on to you and attack you nice and early, the counter to any boom tactic, but as new players themselves they won’t think of that on the first match.

(As for the fish traps: don’t bother with them unless you have fishing ships leftover with nowhere to fish. Farms are easier to defend and less of a hassle to manage.)

Isnt the game meant to be fun to play for everyone? It would be nice if they enjoy the game too. Noob bashing isnt just fun. I understand you wanna win the game. I wanna win every game too.

I have played some LANs with friends. Mostly we played some team games. 3v3 or something like that. One of my friends is just to good. So we also tried 3v4, so he is in the team of 3 to have some balance. Also there are some noobs, i think like your friends. It is also about having fun together. Of course, if you loose most games, you will hear about this for weeks / months. So you really wanna win. I completely understand.

Seems like you are pretty noob to. We all started there at some point. I will give you some tips for counters:

Hey, that’s the youtuber that convinced me to start playing(after seeing the RedBull esports tournament). I’ve seen some of his videos but since the game keeps changing with patches I wasn’t sure what to play. Anyway, I think I already made myself a pretty detailed game plan. Now I’m practicing with bots(I’m still scared to play online). Thanks for the help! ^^

Playing online isnt that scary. The balance of civs will change every month, but the general strategies wont really change much. It is not like the meta completely change with every patch. There are just some small changes and the general idea of all build orders will be the same. Some civs just have some advantages that will be tweked. Even if you have a look at a build order of 3 years ago, it will be useful. Maybe you will fail as pro, since it is just slightly optimized. But for a noob it doesnt really matter.

Many pros and casters have made some great build order tutorials:

Hera (Top 5 player of the world) made a great guide about how to improve your game play:

Only basic knowledge of the game is required. He talk you through all the thoughts in the early game. It help me a lot to have a better understanding of the game.

St4rk (also a good player, not as good as Hera) also had made some videos on Youtube.

This serie is dedicted to build orders only. If you start, just pick some of the build orders.
I recommmend:

1. Fast Castle (for closed maps)
  2. Scout rush in feudal (for open maps)
  3. Archer rush in feudal (also for open maps)

Maybe you already learned some of these strategies. You mentioned already the 6 on sheeps (what will be the standard for every BO). When you know this strategies, you will see you can beat the AI more easily. I also think after learning these, you are ready to play online. Go for ranked games. Maybe this sound scary, but match making tries to guess your skill in the first game. These games can be very hard for you, but after those games you play against equally skilled players. Match making needs at most 10 games, probably around 5 is my guess.