Server Maintenance - Monday, February 24 - AoE: DE, AoE II: DE [COMPLETE!]

Hammer-Maintenance-Small

WHAT: Server Maintenance (Multiplayer Servers)
WHEN: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:00 PM
ESTIMATED DOWNTIME: 2 hours

GAMES & PLATFORMS IMPACTED:

• Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)

DETAILS:
Happy February, everyone! This coming Monday, we will be taking the multiplayer servers offline for maintenance to implement new player reporting and to lay the groundwork for our Age 2: DE February update later in the week.

:warning: While you will still be able to launch the game, you will not be able to matchmake or access any other online features while the servers are offline.

Maintenance should take approximately TWO HOURS. We’ll update this thread with any new information, updates, or changes to the schedule as we work; this is also where we’ll announce the all clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

9 Likes

Great! Hopefully some match making change is coming!

4 Likes

lol even the gif is crap quality
Who report me messagy

1 Like

Chance map pool ?! It’s time for that

5 Likes

Please for the love of God get rid of the stupid profanity filter.

3 Likes

I have a guess on whats coming… but not sure I should talk about it yet :smiley:

Is there an influx of hackers or something, what’s the purpose of player reporting?

have you ever MAA rushed someone in 1v1 ranked and been greeted by a bajillion curse words?

griefing, general crappy team play behavior and the like?

Some people were using slurs, behaving toxically etc. so players requested a way to report them. The devs implemented a strong language filter to try to solve this, but as many people in the community have pointed out, it does nothing towards banning the offenders and is also censoring the most harmless stuff e.g. “onager”, “bbc”, “31” to name a few. Even the AI’s resign message got censored…

Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon, and we will get an actual report system so toxic behaviour can be stopped; and the censor will be removed or at the very least be togglable.

BBC? Why Ike whatever do you mean?

like bombard cannon ?

UPDATE

As of 3p Pacific Time, we’ve overcome a handful of issues which delayed the server fixes. These delays do mean that the maintenance window will need to be extended slightly, so check back in the next 30 minutes for another update!

Thank you for your patience during the downtime!

I don’t play with a civ unless they have BBC.

When will it be ready? I hope the laggy servers will be fixed

slow down and speed up lag is very annoying indeed

1 Like

UPDATE

Maintenance is now complete! Thank you again for sticking with us through the downtime!

3 Likes