šŸ›  Server Maintenance - Wednesday, November 3 - I, II, III DE, and IV

Itā€™s a 2 hour maintenanceā€¦ Why are you all crying so much?!? Peak EU Times? :joy: It was planned, it was communicatedā€¦ Oh hey I know, letā€™s go on AOES forums and complain that a game has maintenance! Yea that will be productive.:man_facepalming: Since AOE 4 has been out I have already played for 1d 18h 7m without any issues. No complaints here love the game! Canā€™t wait for more civilizations!

1 Like

I understand that maintenance has to be done, but pleaseā€¦ EU prime time maintenance is not coolā€¦

3 Likes

The beauty of scheduled maintenance is that you can schedule it for the time of least impact. This schedule seems to have the opposite effect.

I agree we shouldnā€™t be unpleasant about it, but itā€™s perfectly legitimate for us as customers to say that this doesnā€™t work well for us and it would be better if they scheduled it differently. If enough people say something, they might take notice. It also just seems like bad business.

5 Likes

Come on, this is the second time in two weeks that I am sitting down to play, only to find that thereā€™s server maintenance again.
Does maintenance really have to be done so often? And does it really have to happen at 9-10pm UK time?
Itā€™s just really disappointing.

1 Like

The game just came out and a few days after launch they do 2-3 hour maintenance during peak time of course people will be upset. It was communicated: yeah on forums maybe, but honestly 90+% of the players donā€™t read it and are just wondering why they canā€™t play.
I know it has to be done, but it should be done in a less inconvenient timeā€¦

3 Likes

Because the matchmaking of the DE Editions (at least 3 and 2) is based on AOE4 matchmaking service.
The original AOE2 matchmaking e.g. is long dead and was shut down in 2006 (MSN Gaming Zone).
That is why ALL games are going down

You guys clearly donā€™t play New World. 1 or 2 hours is nothing.

Settle down, children, itā€™s a little maintenance.

I just brough the game middle of a maintain and the game refuse to start becuse it gives me error code and a note: ā€œplaying the game online is only requierd on first launchā€. wish i bough it before the maintaine lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Meanwhile I am hoping for Sign in fix so I can get my insider batch in the next update XD I hope they use default browser like sea of thieves does and not an internet explorer backend so I can also sign in on proton.

Hello! When can I play again guys? :wave:

Hello, keep the good job devs \o/

1 Like

People canā€™t wait a while for maintenance? Yaā€™ll need to chill lol

2 Likes

Hola, como estas.

que jugar age of empires??? Me wanna play plz sƤnks

Server Maintenance COMPLETE! If you experience any NEW issues as a result of the maintenance, please post them to this thread. If you cannot connect, please reach out to our Support team so they can work with you to investigate! https://support.ageofempires.com

Enjoy your games!

2 Likes

Loving the game, thanks for being so quick devs

1 Like

Saaaame haha. Never lucky!

1 Like

Think the maintenance has messed up the servers. Been timed out a lot trying to find a game and 1 and a bit hour long game got stopped due to everyone being timed out. Might wanna do some more maintenance.

played 3on3 and the match/server shut down (timed out) after 20 minsā€¦ :cry:

just to be clear, when are people able to play a game ?
from 18 to 24 oā€™clock, because of work.
making a 2 hour maintenance in a 6 hour time frame is just ridiculous.
iā€™m chilled but this is the worst time to be done.

There is a thread on this in the bugs section, but thought Iā€™d mention it here too - my masteries (AOE4) reset to zero after the server maintenance, although the things I unlocked appear to be unlocked still. But I have to do all the low level masteries again to get to the ones I have actually yet to do.