Shift-Click doesn't spawn 5 units after switching to another player

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.63318.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Normally, selecting a production building and clicking to create a unit while holding down the Shift key will spawn 5 units. However, if you take control over another player (Ctrl+Shift+F2) and Shift+Click a unit to create, only 2 units spawn.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Load the attached scenario in the scenario editor and click Test.
Note: This is my testing scenario so units spawns immediately, amongst other things.

Press Ctrl+Shift+F2 to control red. Select red’s Barracks (Ctrl+B). Hold down the Shift key and click Champion. Only 2 champions spawn. Switch back to controlling blue (Ctrl+Shift+F1) and spawn champions for blue using Shift+Click. 5 champions spawn.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Both red and blue should spawn 5 units when spawning units via Shift-clicking.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

default0.aoe2scenario (16.6 KB)

hi @TheBattlizer

Thanks for your bug report! we are now tracking this issue :slight_smile:

Not related and possibly already known, but occasionally when playing against the AI (specifically 4v4 on Amazon Tunnel) units I spawn from production buildings in cramped areas will end up stuck inside the production building. This is easily reproducible in the above scenario as well by loading it, selecting a production building (ex: Stable, don’t set a waypoint), and spawning around 60 units (ex: Hussar). Some units will be stuck in the Stable, and the Stable will need to be deleted to free them. During an actual game, I suspect what’s happening is that at the moment the units spawn, the game isn’t finding a proper spot to place the unit, so they end up getting stuck.