Shift Click not Working after Update

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 100.12.5208.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Shift Click is not working after the update.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch a game
  2. Place a building and try to shift click the villager to return to working on a resource
  3. Unit will deselect when the building is placed and you won’t be able to shift click

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The unit will remain selected and be able to be tasked with shift to something else.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Unit deselects and is unable to be shift clicked.

34 Likes

Confirmed it’s broken! Viper and DauT experiencing this issue on stream as well.

7 Likes

my experience is that vils are deselected but shift clicking still works if i select them again

2 Likes

Please, fix this now, don’t wait until next week!

5 Likes

Please release a hotfix for this ASAP, game is totally unplayable currently

8 Likes

Ideally would even pullback this patch imediatelly so the game can be played while we dont have a fix

2 Likes

Wow this is a massive game breaking bug that has to be fixed asap

3 Likes

its starting to be tiring now, with each update there are bugs that are added again and again, with each update the game becomes unplayable, you have to explain to me how it is possible, please make an effort. is not possible, for the moment I bought a game which cost me 15 € and which cost me my data in my ssd, always more bug, and I can not play anymore because it is completely unplayable, but please make an effort now jesus christ

6 Likes

Is not limited to AOE3 DE sadly, AOE1 nearly two years live and still with the Armored elephant animation totally glitched and AOE2DE stiil has connection issues and some bugs

2 Likes

Thank you for the report! This issue has been escalated for immediate review. If others are experiencing the same issue, please take the time to contribute below with any additional details, videos, etc. you can provide.

Thanks again!

14 Likes

Yeah it happened to me also it’s not working properly ,please fix ASAP!

2 Likes

Happened on my end as well, hopefully, this will get fixed by tomorrow

Can confirm this: Shift click fails the first time and the villager gets deselected. Upon re-selecting the villager the next shift click works.

Shift clicking only movement orders work fine though.

Thx for ackowleging this issue. Please try to expedite the patch for this since its gonna totally break how aoe3 is played

1 Like

Really starting to question why I still have a positive review of this game on steam…

2 Likes

So for me when I activate the hotkeys conflicts its puts the bug shift, when I disabled the hotkey conflicts its removes the bug for me, I hope that is the solution, for me its working, I no longer have the bug,

hope it can help

1 Like

To the developers, I think it might be a good idea to let a few gamers test the patch prior to releasing it…even if it delays the release by a day or 2.

This shift click bug would have been spotted straight away…and the other bugs from previous patches

3 Likes

It is just sad that we have to do these things for certain aspects to work in a game. Is like working around the bug. Which is understandable but that bug should be fixed ASAP

it is especially for the devs, if its can accelerate the resolution of the bug

Hey everyone! Circling around to confirm that we are investigating this internally. In the meantime, a suggested workaround is to disable the “Allow Conflict” setting in the legacy hotkeys menu. This may cause issues with your custom hotkeys, but is a temporary fix while the team works to identify, build, test, and implement a permanent solution.

6 Likes