Shift+RightClick mechanics. Missclicks or not?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61591.0 8647032
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When I want to give sequence of orders to a unit, I use “Shift+RightClick” mechanics. And I do many missclicks. I still do these missclicks in every game, even when I am fully concentrated. This is the only kind of missclicks I still do regularly. Also I see streams of top players, and it seems, they do this kind of missclicks too, not so often as me, but it happens.

I tried to figured out, why this happens so often. I even thought like “it’s incredible, there should be some bugs!”.

It seems the mechanics is designed as follow:

There are 4 events: shift button down (sd), mouse right button down (md), shift up (su), mouse up (mu). And the game interprets my actions as I want only in case of exactly sequence of actions “sd md mu su”, when I by accident do “sd md su mu” or other variations, the game interprets my actions as “just RightClick”.

In game it works as follow: I press Shift before right click, but if I click too fast I do almost simultaneously up-actions, and it causes missclicks. Usecase is “make villagers properly work on wood/sheep, make villagers do some work AFTER building a house”. Cases “Shift+RightClick” for house builder worked as “just a RightClick” often leads to popblock.

I think, the mechanics works as designed, with no bugs. But maybe some other design would be more convenient for players? For example “intervals [sd,su] [md,mu] intersect each other” or at least “accept also sequence of actions sd,md,su,mu”.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    For me it happens at least once during 10+ minutes game.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select initial scout.
  2. Press Shift+RightClick as fast, as you can. Do not forget to release both shift and mouse.
  3. Do (2) several times.
  4. Observe the results. Seems, some of your (2) actions may fail.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

100% of your clicks will add new order into queue of orders.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

rec.aoe2record (524.0 KB)

Thanks for your suggestions I will pass them on to the corresponding department