Should devs implement unit formations since Bronze Age? (POLL)

Should devs implement unit formations since Bronze Age?
  • Yes, but let us break formations if we want (acting as a toggle), to achieve AoE1 default pathfinding. Also give us an option to disable their usage entirely, similarly to the “solid farms” feature. A true definitive edition would allow players to choose how they want to play.
  • No, we prefer not to have formations implemented in any way. They were introduced in AoE2 and they should be avoided in AoE1 in order to preserve the original gameplay.

0 voters

2 Likes

With more than one week up, we already have our results.

Optional formations would be the best outcome. A toggle being available in both Custom Game and Campaigns screen would be ideal. They would not only apply to the player, but all other players as well.

I don’t think there’s a better way of thinking about formations, than them being optional.

1 Like

Make it a Bronze or Iron Age technology.

3 Likes

…accessible through the Government Center :wink:

Would make sense, considering the “smart” stuff happens there, such as Architecture, Engineering and Alchemy.

1 Like

Government Center would be usual choice but I would even suggest Academy.

1 Like

Either building would be OK if you ask me, but since not only academy units would be affected by the tech, I think it would be better to have it available through Government Centers.

1 Like