Should mangonel projectiles move faster?

Since there is much less lag now than there ever has been, it is much easier to dodge mangonels with archers (and even skirmishers) and take them out. It’s almost not even worth the cost to make mangonels since most of the time it doesn’t work. This is not how it should be since mangonels are a “counter” to archers. The projectiles should move faster but still allow players to out micro them. Basically make the reaction time less so that there is more likely a mistake. Also, this wouldn’t affect the mangonel damage output since it doesn’t increase their ROF.

1 Like

So you want mangonels un-dodgeable basically? I’m pretty sure people would complain that they can no longer dodge mangonels shots.

Lots of players get hit by mangonels already. Since not every player is a microfreak and able to dodge. This could make a unit that’s already hard for noobs/bad players to counter even harder.

1 Like

I clearly state that I want the projectiles faster but still able to be dodged. Just make the risk slightly higher if you want to engage against a mangonel with archers or skirmishers.

Noobs and low rated players can’t dodge mangonels anyway so it won’t affect them. Also balancing doesn’t revolve around low rated players.

1 Like

A thing that annoys me more is that archers can outrange mangonels. If you know basic kiting, you can completely outplay an effective counter and this shouldn’t be possible imo.

So maybe increase the range of mangonels. There will still be a certain possibility to outplay them (since longer shots mean higher reaction time) but at least they will feel less useless in higher ELO.

1 Like

This isn’t true. Crossbows with blacksmith upgrades have 7 range and mangonels have 7 range. Arbalests with upgrades have 8 range and onagers/SO have 8 range. Only exception is britons because of their civ bonus and UT which both give more range.

2 Likes

Should Cannons go faster?
-Yes, in Cannon Galleon it looks bad and makes sense.

Should Mangonel shots…
-Mangonel is nice and dangerous, don’t buff it. Maybe you can nerf it but I will not agree with you.

3 Likes

Guys you should play AoE1 then you would see dreadful catapults with long range and ballistics and some times your armies biggest enemy is your own heavy catapult which is far more powerful than AoE2 Siege Onager. AoE1 heavy catapult is like Siege Onager and Trebuchet in one unit.

2 Likes