Should Retold have the advanced base build from AoE4, Card System from AoE3 and many more modern features?

Should Retold have the advanced base build from AoE4, Card System from AoE3 and many more modern features?

As we have seen, a successful RTS has to be a turtle paradise. AoM wasnt really good at this.

So why not simply have the nice base build from AoE4? Maybe buff it even more.
Having stone back as resource and no limit for the “favor” resource.
Free and anywhere build for the town center.
Also adjust how many workers are at start.

I can see for example the mythical units to dig water moat around the walls^^
Units on stone walls should be thing too.
Have access to all the mythical units a faction has.

Card system from AoE3 would in my opinion perfectly fit in as Gods powers.

What do you think? Should they go full turbo by the rework?

1 Like

No.

If you want, make a mod.

Definitely no.

6 Likes

No. Most people do not like the card system. It is one of the things the majority hated most about AoE3.

1 Like

which i don’t really understand. it was such an interesting way of adding pre-game strategy

1 Like

I think that is a big part of why it is hated. It is pregame. I think something a bit simplified, like where you have a few options in game is fine. Kind of like the Ottomans in Age of Empires 4 and the general powers in C&C generals.

1 Like

AoM2 yes, AoM Retold no.

Retold seems to be either a remaster or remake of AoM, not an AoM2.
While I like those feature I don’t think it’s a good idea to change up the game that much for a remake/remaster. People hate that.

No.

Twenty characters.

I would love to see some features from other AoE series put into AoM:R.

What I want from AoE3 is snailing system that makes movement speed slower for a small duration of time when units damaged by melee attack, which makes microing intense. One of the best inventions to the series imo.

I HATE AoE3 because of all that crap. Just give AoM the Definitive Edition treatment similar to AoE2DE.

4 Likes

thats all we need and waited for.

1 Like

“we” is a bit too generalised. I personally wanted what you are stating 10 years ago. Now I want and wait for more. And I am even willing to pay for it. Just some visual upgrades won’t do it for me personally especially if the visual upgrades are not extremely big

1 Like