Should the next DLC be: Slavs rework, Croats, Serbs, Romanians?

Please no. Anything in or near Europe for the next DLC (or two) would be actively and significantly disappointing. We can’t ever miss it if we practically never leave.

Even if you somehow think there’s a massive need for more Slavic civs, you can’t really be disappointed at the rate they’ve been added since DE - with Poles, Bohemians and (~)Bulgarians added in DE. Whereas I don’t think I have to name a few popular regions or even continents that haven’t been visited at all in the DE era, or even in the last decade or two.

14 Likes

I think there shouldn’t be another European or Europe-adjacent DLC for the time being.
If this should really be the next DLC, I think it should only rename Slavs and add Vlachs, but pair them with a non-Euro civ (Maybe Khazars? Though idk enough about them to suggest a campaign). And maybe it could add 4 campaigns instead of the usual 3 (one for the renamed Slavs, one for Turks, one for the other new civ and one for Magyars).

4 Likes

There are no legitimate state-level cultures left to even add to AoE outside of Europe except Tibet, possibly Songhai. Maybe Chimu or another Andean civ but not enough information.

People mentioned Pueblo and Mississipi Chiefdoms but almost nothing is known about them at all, couldn’t even do voicelines for them.

I’d much rather they flesh out and further differentiate existing civilisations than add new ones.

6 Likes

There are more topics about an African or East Asian DLC, who are also now leading the polls about next DLCs that should be added.

Personally I’m in favour of visiting Africa again. And low-key, since the first two DLCs in DE decided to stay in Europe, the next two DLCs could even be in Africa too, assuming each DLC has two civs as per DE standard.

4 Likes

OR maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about and think you being ignorant on a subject means there’s nothing to know about it.

8 Likes

It’s amazing how many people unironically think like this, alongside the “I don’t care, thus it wasn’t relevant”

6 Likes

Keep talking you prove to be a hilariously parody of a human

4 Likes

Jurchens, Nanzhao, Khitans, Gokturks, Siamese, Oriyas, Somalis, Nubians etc. say otherwise.

Both were bigger and lasted longer than Croatia.

13 Likes

A lot of the African and even American civs had more gold wealth than several Europen and Asian civs combined.

Please. You come here 2 weeks ago. You’re probably ban evading and everyone should report you as such

Calm down please

We dont nwed witch hunts

5 Likes

Next DLC should be African with Berbers rework.

Georgians cavalry healing made Maghrebi Camels a joke of UT. Also a trash unit as TB is considered bad design by several. That unit can easily be shared by Spanish. Labeling a civ as “Naval” only for 10% faster speed on ship is questionable. And lastly, a subjective take, their cavalry discount just straight being a better Magyars from Castle Age is a bad design.

1 Like

It is actually a very good bonus, but it is hard to balance with other factors. Their dock is only lacking Shipwright, so it is quite fair to call them a naval civilization.

Me too me too me too.

We have enough civs in Europe, the next DLC should focus on Asia, Africa, or the Americas

12 Likes

Only if they won’t make imbalanced units

I have a question. This is not a complaint, but I am really interested. Some people on the forum say that Russians and Ukrainians are the same civ (although this is complete nonsense and I have already explained why 10 times). What about Serbs and Croats? I understand that these are different countries, but within the game, how justified would it be to separate them? And what about Slovenes and Macedonians? Maybe there is a point in the unified race of the Balkan Slavs?

For me personally a serbian umbrella is enough to cover all the yugoslavian factions.Other than them albanians should be added as they are not a slavic people.

Gjergj Kastrioti aka Skanderbeg must be a hero for Albanian campaign.

Get 10% movement rate for Shipwright makes them just almost generic. That’s nothing naval to me.

[quote=“WedgedAmoeba447, post:4, topic:242363, full:true”]
Africa and East Asia should be the next 2 [/quote]

I think the top priority right now is to add civs from the Sahara and Sahel - because African civs are present from these areas. This should be a large DLC that would include:

1. Kanem-Bornu
  2. Mamluks (division of the Saracens umbrella civ)
  3. Somalians
  4. Songhai or Morrocans (If a second DLC were created, it should focus on West Africa - then Songhai would be a mandatory part of it)

2nd African DLC “West Africa”:

1. Akan
  2. Benin
  3. Fulani
  4. Ghana or Songhai (If a first DLC don’t add a Songhai civ)

East Asian DLC could add three civs:

1. Jurchens
  2. Siamese
  3. ATTENTION: Nepalese (trick to bypass censorship of Tibet)
4 Likes