Sicilian crash

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 44725
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The game crashes on the load screen when I pick Sicilians. No mods in use at all. At least 50% of the time it happens. Only happens with Sicilians. Sound cuts out for a second, then the screen freezes a couple seconds later, then it crashes. Immediately after it crashes, my Task Manager says the GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super; 6GB RAM) spikes to 100% of 3D.

System specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core 3.60 GHz. 32 GB RAM

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Pick Sicilians
  2. Start game
  3. Crash

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Pick Sicilians
Start Game
Not crash

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Trying to watch this also crashes my game.

SP Replay v101.101.44725.0 @2021.01.27 214448.aoe2record (421.4 KB)

1 Like

I also have the same problem.

This happens both in 1v1 SP and 1v1 MP (ranked).

Additional information:

The GPU (GTX 650, 2 GB dedicated RAM) memory usage stays at 0% during loading and spikes to 100% during the crash. (CPU stays at around 30%)
This crash can also happen when there is only a single Sicilian but the frequency is only about 10% of the time.

example:

From profile: AoE2.net

I played 3 games vs Kasva yesterday two of which were fine (sicilian vs indian), but when he picked sicilians the game crashed on launch.

I also have to question why the ranked ladder works in a way where person crashing in loading screen loses elo, but person dodging maps by closing age2 de before the loading screen does not lose elo.

My main account has additional examples AoE2.net
I am unable to post images because of new account

Also noticed there is lag when aging up (dark to feudal atleast) with Sicilians. Maybe there is something wrong with the graphics of the sicilians?