Siege should get a buff

If you disagree with someone elses disposition then you can say they are wrong and provide your reasoning. But calling someone or their suggestion stupid is universally rude, its not a cultural thing. And its not being offended over nothing.

Its you called someone stupid, and —

2 Likes

Yes you’re getting offended over nothing. I called the suggestion stupid because I believe its stupid and to back it out I gave you multiple examples and reasons for it. Sure its not most polite way of saying things… If you want historically accurate game then u should point out all the historically inaccurate things that should be changed to accurate and not only very minor part that you happen to like also you’re trying to prioritize historically accuracy over balance which is stupid/bad what ever term you desire to use. Already explained to you. For MP balance is the most important thing. If game is not balanced then lot of ppl are not having fun, because they feel like they might get matched up with extremely unfair situation where they can’t win because X is better than Y and if you try to force historically accurate units/structures/siege engines then the game becomes even more unbalanced and unfun for many players. This is why trying to justify changes to unit that affect balance with historically accurate argument is stupid paired with fact that many things about AOE series is historically inaccurate.

Having stupid idea doesn’t make person stupid and there is nothing wrong having stupid ideas. A lot of smart ppl got stupid ideas and they’re also wrong too. I got stupid ideas too and Im not shamed of them especially when someone has valid argument against those ideas. Just like you’ve pointed out my lack of english skill and directed comment to my intelligence. Did I get offended? No I didn’t. I acknowledged that I made error and accepted it. There was nothing wrong you saying it to me. Could u have said it more politely? Yes, but I won’t get offended such minor things and over nothing especially when Im well aware that my english could use polishing.

wow the lack of self awareness and hypocrisy is staggering lol!!!
there’s like 5 people in here telling you you’re being rude, and rude is defined as – “not polite”
you just admitted to being not polite aka - “rude” and you’re doubling down on the craziness…

just give it up, lad.

Going off topic again. If you got something to add please send it to my pm so we can stick on topic if siege should be buffed or not and not nitpick over none existing issues thanks

I miss the days of playing Chinese with mass clocktower (official speed up production) bombards + spears and clearing the map.

Roel ############ is that you? :joy:

Edit: form is not allowing the last name

Edit: Check this video :slight_smile:

This would remove the micro challenge from the game… you need to control your units properly. Use your APM and control groups.

Yup seen that video. Thats why I said things about boiling oil.

But there is many other things that are not historically accurate. For example archers vs crossbows vs handcannoneers.

Archers should take longest time to train and xbows/hc less time, because that was the strengths of those weapons. Anyone could use them effectively with very minimum training time while training soldier with bow would take long time.

Also bonus dmg system makes no sense. Sure xbow or HC would be more effective against armored targets when right ammo was used (mainly xbow), but they would still deal more dmg to light armored units than armored units and Archers would actually be the worst ranged unit in game by large margin having less dmg against everything. Only thing would be increased reload speed.

Same with melee. Not like spears would deal less dmg than sword. Difference would come with reach and how well it could be used against cavalry but when fighting in infantry vs infantry they would deal similar dmg to longer distance plus have disadvantage when too close.

Then what comes to siege. Bombard would have more range than treb and not otherway around.

Thats why attempting to justify balance changes with argument it would be historically accurate is stupid when game is far from historically accurate state. It references historically related things and objects but makes heavy compromises to make game more balanced and interesting to play. Same applies to movies / shows etc. They take liberty to alter boring historical things to more interesting for viewers

2 Likes