5. select men at arms and issue attack commands to their villigers,’
  6. Game closes to desktop
2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 36202
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: W10

Issue:

Siege towers appear to be bugged and causing a hard crash to desktop. Happened twice now in arena.
Steps: siege tower with 10 eagles, jump the wall, the crash happens when trying to move it afterwards.

• Operating System: Windows 10 and 7 tested.

Issue:

Game crashes to desktop with no error message when a Siege-Tower is commanded to move AFTER it was commanded to drop units off to the other side of a wall, sometimes.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. In castle age build a Siege-Tower, preferably on Arena as there are Walls.
  2. Put men in the Siege-Tower.
  3. Drop men off on the other side of the wall.
  4. Command the tower to drop on a particular section of the wall.
  5. Confirm new units entering Siege-Tower are auto dropped on the other side.
  6. Attempt to move the Siege-Tower. It doesn’t always crash right away, but you can do it if you retry a few times.

ATTACHMENTS:

Ranked Game Example.txt (1.6 MB)
Casual Lobby Example.txt (3.1 MB)
Single Player Example.txt (2.4 MB)

Edit:
I just tested on this current patch. Still happening, example below.
**MP Replay v101.101.36906.0 @2020.05.06 191733 (1).txt (1.3 MB) **

Replace the .txt extension with .aoe2record.

The single player example is literally me confirming the error was reproducible. It should be noted that the crash will occur in the replay as well.

Relevant Addendum:

My buddy and I were just messing around with dumb strats. It led to us trying out the Siege Tower. We crashed so many times trying to figure out what was wrong.

We tried:

Different network ISP
Different Router
Different Players
Different Civs
Unranked Lobby
Ranked Lobby
Single Player
Different Workstations

The only constant was the Siege Tower.

5 Likes

Game Version:

Build: 36906
Platform: Steam
Operating System: Windows 10
Gamertag: Fluiddynamics420

Issue:

It appears that whenever I use siege towers my game crashes. I have been trying out a strategy where I use a siege tower on arena to drop teutonic knights inside of an enemy base, whenever I do this my game crashes (just immediately closes) at some point. It would appear this happens when I order the siege tower to move and also happened when I used Mayans.

Reproduction Steps:

I don’t know if this will be reliable, but basically I make units (eagle warriors or teutonic knights) load them into the siege tower. And at some point while commanding the siege tower the game will crash.

1 Like

As part of this issue:

From experience from using myself and seeing others use them, the bug doesn’t occur when using the siege tower for its purpose, nor when garrisoning in or out of it. The bug only seems to occur when selecting and attempting to move it.

2 Likes

This is still crashing with the latest patch, kind of annoying now that they could be a viable strategy on arena :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Game Version:

Build: 37650
Platform: Steam
Operating System: Windows 10
Gamertag: luther_blissett

ISSUE
Same thing, the siege tower crashes the game to the desktop. Also, when you leave the siege tower stand still next to a wall, and put the gathering point of a building (in this case, a castle) on the ST, this will move randomly, leaving his position without any order. After some minutes, the game crashes.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: Latest
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: WeepingWheat46

Issue:

I encountered a fringe case issue in Sforza mission 2 that only began occurring with the most recent patch (the end of May 2020 event). At the beginning of the mission, after the first city is taken, if the siege tower is still attached to the city wall afterwards, clicking on it will immediately close the game with no freezing or error message, the game just ceases to run and closes. I have included the exact actions I took from the beginning of the mission for accuracy in debugging.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Load a few troops into the tower.
  2. Load the monk into the transport ship.
  3. Drop the troops into the city directly next to the starting city (Purple).
  4. Unload the monk next to the monastery and store the relic in it, don’t detach the siege tower from the wall.
  5. After the city changes to blue, click on the tower and the game should crash.

No attachments, might take a video when I have time if the problem is unable to be reproduced by the bug fix team.

I have also faced the same issue many times. Microsoft plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fix this issue. its really so annoying.

Issue still persists. Just got Siege-Tower rushed on Arena in a ranked game and after 5min of action my game just crashed to desktop without warning (i think it happens when a barracks waypoint is set on a siege tower and it gets moved afterwards). Kinda frustrating because I was winning haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is a viable strategy against the good players. if you cannot win game cause they are too good, just play arena and build siege tower every game, and hope that they crash 50-50. since you gonna lose anyway, if they crash then you win the game.

top tier meta

fc into siege tower crash :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I really hope this is fixed for the next patch

Hi. I like to play with siege tower in arena but when i play with siege towers game crushes every time. There is no error. Game shutdown itself. I am losing elos for only these problems. I am wishing you handle these problems and fix it. if you ask me if i am having fun ? %50 games are working fine %50 crushing player leave or something happening. So i am not happy to play new aoe these days…

3 Likes

This is a critical bug and the issue persists. I have noticed that most of my games that crash have siege towers involved. It is heartbreaking when you manage to sneak into your enemy base, you are winning and suddenly the game crashes!

2 Likes

Same issue here. And the funny thing is that if you watch the recording of the game, it crashes again at the same moment. If some developer wants, I can upload the recording of the game (but you would have to tell me how).

1 Like

Crashed twice today to desktop on arena whilst using siege towers. Game version 101.101.37906.0 5105673
Opponent crashed as well. (Well, can only confirm 1 since he was on discord with me, but i suspect the other one did as well).