Siege without crews and abandonment

good point actually.

Devs knows that already so… maybe they buff structures :slight_smile:

anyway , for me siege without crew is great , but i understand if you guys want to have that , they should put an options to toggle that

1 Like

in aoe3 it wasnt a problem , the thing is that it was usseless.

in aoe4 it simply doesnt match with the artstyle and siege units are huge, thats why i dont like seeing siege crew

1 Like

it was not useless… .you can see their heads sometimes as the only clue a cannon is hidden in war wagons and some other unit types… as mentioned… always ignored… flaming arrow. is small and without crew can get lost in groups of units.

And ghost golden flashes do match the art style? Sorry, they do not, and most of these units look bad. as does the scale of half the buildings.

4 Likes

That’s an excuse that developers are using for their laziness.

4 Likes

that is what you think though , during beta devs had responded to all of our feedback and they published 4 patchs for us , that is laziness?

and its not an excuse , its the reality , simply it doesnt match and that is all.

if it doesn’t match they messed up somewhere… and think ghost men do match… I just do not get it.

the bombard, and nest of bees, and the organ gun, look so boring.

I really don’t care if they are manned or not, what matters is that artillery units in this game are very fun to use

2 Likes

I’d like to use the classical “because aoe2” move: something like a trebuchet can be unmanned, but cannons or things like rocket launchers look very imbalanced if there is nobody pushing them from behind (yes, there is no need for any reloading animation. Just a man pushing it from behind).
Trebuchet (unpacked) is an immobile big tall structure so I can probably tolerate that. But organ guns and rocket launchers are carts, with two wheels and a handle. That is meant to be pushed, otherwise you’ll see handles protruding from behind, which trebuchets do not have.

Reason: aoe2.

4 Likes

if they are fun to use then putting figures to man them wont matter to hurt them.

There’s a surprising amount of people breaking NDA.
No idea what measures mods have against it, if they are involved at all.

I tried to modify Siege Crew file from Content Editor to be visually appeared as it can act like a normal unit too; but it didn’t work at all. Probably the game is not supporting such feature for the Siege Crew.

Content Editor lacks many cool features and many other nice subjects are not accessible still, so we modders cannot do the features we want to imply. First for all, AOE4 Developers should fix this main major problem in the Content Editor really - “Pre-Cached Visual Red BOX Error”.

1 Like

How do people like you even exist?

Adding a crew would improve readability and objectively look better.

7 Likes

The worst part was that the guy says he’s played aoe3 and still thinks it’s a bad idea :joy: even though aoe3, if anything, proves that adding a few crew just adds immersion, doesn’t reduce playability

5 Likes

I missed this one, post of the year jajaja

1 Like

Would the siege crew explode into a million pieces too? How could Relic even add them at this point without changing the death animations for artillery?

1 Like

the current animations kinda ask for change to be blatanly honest

1 Like

Agreed. I’m just dubious Relic is gonna go back to rectify it.

well, they have gone back to naval, so ig there’s hope

Even in AoE 2 siege breaks down with some great animations.

Here they simply lose molecular cohesion.

2 Likes

its actually dristacting to have crew tbh , a dlc could be nice or a mod … But yeah casual speaking could look nice

youre probably next one x)