Single Player In-Game Tech Tree Definitive vs Classic

Why is the tech tree button available when playing Definitive Edition single player and not Classic Mode single player? The user interface is the same. I had expected the tech tree button to be present on both Definitive Edition and Classic Mode.

Definitive Edition:

Classic Mode:

maybe theres no available tech tree in classic mode :slight_smile: because its classic :smiley: hahaha

@WildestWolf153 said:
maybe theres no available tech tree in classic mode :slight_smile: because its classic :smiley: hahaha

I get that there are some features that make sense to only be in Definitive Mode. In my opinion adding the tech tree to Classic Mode would not deter from the original gameplay and graphics, especially considering they have the Definitive Edition UI in Classic Mode and not UI which better resembles the original release.

Don’t want to check it using the .doc file in classic mode :stuck_out_tongue:

haha, i just figure it out, maybe because they create the tech tree for the DE too late, and then, they forgot to do it for the classic mode… maybe it will find its way in further updates :slight_smile:

probably just got left out by accident is all

@rhrmn said:
Why is the tech tree button available when playing Definitive Edition single player and not Classic Mode single player? The user interface is the same. I had expected the tech tree button to be present on both Definitive Edition and Classic Mode.

Definitive Edition:

Classic Mode:

I expected that from the moment they started treating classic and definitive as diferent games (a game inside the game). This just split the community and give them more work (and room for wrong stuff like this). We need a quick way, inside the game to change modes. That is what should be the aim.

What I’m wondering is why is classic mode not available in the campaigns?

Im pretty sure that when you bought the classic version back in the day the tech tree came with the packaging. Kinda funny they didn’t put it in classic mode interface, better get looking for your 20 year old paper copy. lol

Yep, the tech tree came in the huge cardboard box of the game.

I still have it! :smiley: