Slav improvements

Most interesting and reasonable idea I see on this thread.
Slavs need identity and need to be more interesting to play.
I think Teutons or Bulgarians have a similar characteristics of slavs, but more fast in early game and more interesting late game options.
Slavs need to be more specialized in infantry, and also maybe monks.
Splash damage in Feudal age +5 seems seems to be too strong maybe can be implicit bonus like +2/3/5 starting from Feudal.

2 Likes

I doubt that any form of area damage in feudal would have a noteable impact. There are usually just small armies in early game, so i don’t see the impact. Cutting Slavs tech tree for an early game Druzhina would be a nerf in the end.

1 Like

maybe make druzhina do 50% of damage as trample damage? that way halbs would still do 5 damage, while champs would do 6.5 making the cost more appealing. or simply make it cheaper…

i agree the slavs lack an identity trait that makes them feel infantry civ from the early game. free supplies is very little, but trample damage from feudal? that would be sick and unseen thus far where all trample mechanics are either in castle or imperial.

How about something like free armor upgrades for infantry?

Exvept thats not true. The way % based works is it takes the damage you deal and then applies the percentage to thosd around you.

So lets say a halb was attacking another halb. They woukd do 6+4-3 for 7 damage. The trample to other units would then become 3.5.

oh my bad, then simply make the tech a bit cheaper or make a fixed trample damage that differ for the two units. after all, druzhina affects only champions an halberdiers. the tech could simply say "halbs do 5 trample damage (as it is now) and champions do X trample damage (depending on what is considered good)

why does it need to change for champions? slav champs already wreck as is.

because the discussion here was about druzhina being a bit too expensive, but making it cheaper would possibly make druzhina halbs too strong. thus the differentiation between the two as a solution

There already is a difference between the two. Champs attack faster, thus getting greater benefit.

yeah this does not solve the point of the OP which is druzhina being too expensive. if simply making it a bit cheaper work then great for slavs i guess