I feel like Slavs became much less played in favour of Khmer. There are some similarities between the civs - better siege without bbc + monks with redemption, farm eco bonus that supports similar cav options. Slavs have better infantry especially in early feudal and post-imp and better monks, while Khmer have better archers, so I can see why - archers counter infantry and monks and they’re not easily countered with siege in this case.
As a Slav, I’m disappointed. I want some bonus that will make Slavs different. Ideas:
- monks create 50% faster - good for fielding a monk attack quickly, combines well with Orthodoxy
- siege creates faster - the same idea as for monks
- alternatively, combined slightly faster produced monks+siege
- skirm bonus that will make it tougher to go archers + skirm counter, like melee armour or speed bonus
- more generally, some sort of armour bonus that will make it tougher to clash with Slavs on their terms
Any trash bonus has a nice historical connection to it: Byzantines have good trash and Slavs had a lot of Byzantine influence.