Slight buff for Persians?

I’m surprised people here prefer regenerating Paladins to better CAs. The latter was a topic a while ago, and I am personally very interested in.

For regenerating Paladins, “Aswaran” is indeed a decent name, but I think “Immortals” is a more appropriate name.

If the new Imperial UT has to be limited to strengthening the Paladin strategy, in addition to be able to regenerate, I think returning the cost may also be an option.

Turning a pure Cavalry (with Camel and elephant) civ to a trashbow and now CA civ is probably not the most popular idea.

1 Like

Do you know if theres a balance update soon? or a PUP RELEASE soon?

No, it’s only been a few days or maybe week since the last update, I don’t know if there will be a balance update in Oct.

Many greetings

Last balance upgrade was narrow scope. They made chances only according to Pros proposals. Viper and Hera didn’t talk much about Persians lately. They said it is blant just like Slavs, they didn’t say it need buff. In short, Devs won’t chance Persians or any other civ until a pro talk about it.

I agree that Persians will be fine if you let them as they are, I mean they are not that bad, but their imp tech is completely useless

This is perfectly fine. Huns used to have UT which is just a meme

Yeah lets give Huns a better UT because clearly Huns need a buff.

1 Like

Persians need Dark Age TC Bonus back. Persians were never broken on open maps, they were just top5-10. Don’t give Dark Age Dock Bonus back because they were broken on hybrid maps like 4 lakes. The meta has changed and many stronger civs have been added like Gurjaras, Hindustanis, Burgundians, Poles and many were buffed.

5 Likes

Anyway, let the Persian Town Centers and Docks have double HP since the Feudal Age.
Extra HP brings too many advantages to disgusting TC rush strategy.

3 Likes

and also Teutons Town Center garrison +10 and berbers fast movement speed

Tbf this affects much fewer matches than Persian douching

And the hp on Persian TCs in DA literally ONLY helps with douching. The other civs get utility from their bonuses outside of some niche cheese.

Would be interesting to at least see this. That bonus Vs archers is nice, but fairly limited and I don’t think it stacks to make regenerating hp too powerful, unlike stacking hp with faster training on frank paladins

Main thing I want to see is mahouts gone. I don’t think its necessary at all. If anything it was probably only required when halbs didn’t exist.

4 Likes

I am not sure whether it is the case because a recent pro player video show that Teutons TC can be quite deadly againist Persian douching

https://www.youtube.com/clip/Ugkxh4D39_sRCZh0ayvyUrLrMa5m-uYPCBaV.

If Persian douching is banned by making its HP bonus to Feudal, I can see Teuton TC douching is coming

1 Like

Then we tackle it when it happens.

But you don’t get people complaining about teutons douching because it’s rare enough. And as mentioned, the Persian one is ONLY for douching, so is unnecessary.

If we’re keeping a bonus that is literally only for one thing which also incites players then we might as well bring back incan and Korean trushing

It always ######### ( p er plex is a bad word🤣) me how flippy floppy pros are, they don’t like trushing so it gets nuked, even though it was counterable, yet when lower level players complain about douching, it never changes because it hardly affects pros?

3 Likes

Yes I agree with your idea. Actually I think Persian TC douching is legacy problem like the walling fog of war cheat. I think it is the time to deal with it

1 Like

I think Persian is victim of power creep of introducing new OP units and strong civs.
They have characteristics of allowing All fully upgraded Hussar/Paladin/H.camle, but now it is very little meaning because there are civs more than FU Paladin other than Franks, more OP camel civs and better Hussars than FU. Just getting all 3 lines FU means there are no specialized unit.,

And their other tech tree is very limited for lacking even 2HS, archery range units lacking Bracer. I think even Huns are more flexible than Persians for accessing good HCA and 2HS when needed (against Goths).

Restoring Dark age bonus just boring that Civ is bland and no flavor except Single strongest Elephant unit.
I just thinking of giving good HCA to fit the history, how about Adding +3 damge of CA tied to Kamandaran? (Still lacking bracer). It would be interesting to use CA with high damage output with missing 1 range.

2 Likes

or they can just make kamandaran turn horse archer into trash units as well, but they lose the heavy upgrade. or they can make it so that HC gaoin a bonus of having +1 range per age starting castle age and kamandaran give them another +1, kinda like yeomen.

1 Like

Of all the civs that need changing, Persians is not one of them. They’re strong early game but not OP, they are extremely dynamic in castle age (and do amazing vs archer line). Their major weakness was that they couldn’t overcome trash units in imp, dying once the gold was gone, but trashbows solved that beautifully in a way that makes them competitive but not OP.

In terms of the civs that need buffs and nerfs, Persia is near the back of the line.

1 Like

Magyars already have extra attack for cavalry archers, and I don’t like forcing them to be good at cav archers when they never were designed to do that.

12 damage CA is too strong. If it don’t need the upgrade cost for HCA will be OP. It is a bit like Malians Farimba +5 on Cavalier but it has a clear weakness of low HP compared to paladin. But Cavalier is a melee unit and for CA tankiiness is less important as a range unit so I think it would be a meta definating tech. I think 11 damage is a bit strong but it should be alright. It will like huns that have low effective HP CA and good cav

1 Like