Slow launch 10-20 minutes on SSD

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39284.0 0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Zomfire

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…
Splash screen before launch takes above ten and below twenty minutes to launch game.
I have an SSD and this is the only game I have problems with.
I do NOT use Mods or HD Texture Pack.
DL 8Mb/s UL 8Mb/s
So internet isn’t fast, but I could easily play any online game.
I have repaired, reset, reinstalled… please help, I’ve always loved this game.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Load up PC
  2. Load up Xbox app
  3. Load up AoE 2: DE
  4. Splash screen 20 minutes
  5. Game launches

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

1 Like

Crazy.

I’ve found that mods (regardless of whether they are actually active or not) increase the launch time. But you said you don’t use any. In any case, they really need to do something about load times.

How much RAM do you have?

1 Like

16GB 2133MHz, thanks!

Just loaded again after disabling the [Mongols] Main Menu UI.
Took 2 minutes this time…
Still a bit long, but nothing to before. Also, this has only been launched once since.

hmm, 16 is fine. Must have been a one off thing with the event items failing to load or something.
In any case, 2 min still isn’t great, especially for an SSD. My game is on an HDD and takes about 2 min, which I already find atrociously long when compared to the near instant load times of the HD Edition.

1 Like

@Zomfire, @Zetnus Related topic:

The temporary solution to the problem was found by @id2ref here: Game stuck in splash screen, accessing non-game files on my drive

Of course the Devs will need to get a permanent fix in place, but this hero has just saved me hours of waiting time!

2 Likes