Small buff for the Japanese

One thing is sure; giving 25% faster attacking militia for Japanese would make them Hoang’s new favorite civ

1 Like

You forgot goth barracks work 20% faster in addition to 20% discount. So goth player can produce more and faster with same resources. No top player as Goths is going to trickle 1 militia into their Japanese opponent’s base so they lose every 1v1 fight.

Right now goths are the only ones to get a military bonus in dark age and I’m curious if Japanese getting their bonus in dark age and Burmese getting +1 attack in all ages starting in dark age would drastically affect the games at the top level.

Burmese originally had +1 attack in all ages but it got moved to feudal along with other nerfs. Also trush got nerfed so that hurt Burmese early pressure with m@a and towers. They only get picked in arena. Japanese have to go archers basically every time as an infantry civ and get over run by archer civs. They only get picked in hybrid/water maps.

Giving Japanese and Burmese militia bonus in dark age would really help them in arabia but wouldn’t really make them any better on maps where they already are good. It would be fair to say that all civs shouldn’t be good on all maps if it wasn’t for the fact that 70+% of all games are played on arabia.

The balance is focused on high level players and they know how to counter drushes by walling their base early or walling in their resources and then go archers. An example is the goths. Yes goths have a good win rate in ranked games but a terrible win rate in high level tournaments. So I think these changes to Japanese and Burmese wouldn’t make them OP on arabia at the top level where balance is focused on. It would only increase the variety of civs seen in tournaments which is a good thing.

1 Like

i think this is a good idea. but would the burmese go 1/1/2/3? or 1/2/3/4? it would certainly situaionally help their late game out as well if it were the later, as peopel are complaing burma is kind of bonus locked into arambai as is…

I think 1, 2, 3, 4. They need to have an edge early on because they die so hard to archers and skirmishers. Yeah having 1 more infantry attack late game is nice but probably still doesn’t negate their worst skirmishers in the game 11 and no arbalest.

Lol do the Japanese really need a buff?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure burmese never had +1 in dark age

Except maybe if you were the beta tester of Rise of rajas and maybe at some point in beta they had it?

Thats a typo on forgotten empires behalf. The burmese never actually had +4 attack on their infantry.
funnily enough you can check this on FE’s own site as well, no mention of infantry attack being changed.

1 Like

In open open maps like arabia they struggle. Faster attacking militia in dark age primarily only helps in open maps. Hybrid maps have more woodlines to wall out drushes easier. Also it would do nothing in full water maps.