Smoother than AoM?

AoM:EE runs at like 20 FPS on my computer (should me able to run at 60)
AoE2:HD runs fine.

It seems i am not alone.

Where do you think this will fall?

@Darrel314 said:

It seems i am not alone.

Want to post your specs?
This game is 2D unlike AoM which is 3D so that will definitely decrease the load.

@Raw1812 said:

@Darrel314 said:

It seems i am not alone.

Want to post your specs?
This game is 2D unlike AoM which is 3D so that will definitely decrease the load.

Core2Duo 6400
8GB Ram
560TI

Runs Starcraft 2 on near max just fine.

@Darrel314 said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Darrel314 said:

It seems i am not alone.

Want to post your specs?

Core2Duo 6400
8GB Ram
560TI

I don’t see why it shouldn’t run the game with high fps based on the sysreqs they posted.

I wonder why you get such bad fps on AoM, does the gpu maybe default to another, internal, gpu instead of using the dedicated graphics card maybe.

AoMEE could also be poorly optimized for your gpu, I don’t have EE I’m not sure.

@Raw1812 said:

@Darrel314 said:

@Raw1812 said:

@Darrel314 said:

It seems i am not alone.

Want to post your specs?

Core2Duo 6400
8GB Ram
560TI

I don’t see why it shouldn’t run the game with high fps based on the sysreqs they posted.

I wonder why you get such bad fps on AoM, does the gpu maybe default to another, internal, gpu instead of using the dedicated graphics card maybe.

AoMEE could also be poorly optimized for your gpu, I don’t have EE I’m not sure.

AoMEE is a mess really, very poorly rereleased and optimized, nothing that works as it should and no support.
Although the FPS issue seems weird since mine runs at an fps over 100, they did not put a limiter on it leading to my pc running at max for no reason, which is sad really cause thats making a game 101.

Since I am reading so much negative things about AOMEE and never experienced issues in the past I decided to put things to the test and played the entire Greek campaign, some random maps and also did a LAN with three friends. So far we did not experience any problems. FPS was not tested but there were no bad experiences with dropping frames or stuttering. I believe some negative impressions have to do with perception. I am sure there were problems in the past, and with the combination of poor support this must have left a bad taste. Whatever it was, it doesn’t show up frequently but the taste apparently remains …

@Otani64 said:
Since I am reading so much negative things about AOMEE and never experienced issues in the past I decided to put things to the test and played the entire Greek campaign, some random maps and also did a LAN with three friends. So far we did not experience any problems. FPS was not tested but there were no bad experiences with dropping frames or stuttering. I believe some negative impressions have to do with perception. I am sure there were problems in the past, and with the combination of poor support this must have left a bad taste. Whatever it was, it doesn’t show up frequently but the taste apparently remains …

I hadn’t even read anything about the game, but I powered it up last night and it was just stuttering…on the main menu before I even got into the game. The campaign intro was extremely choppy.

@Otani64 said:

The problem is mainly the multiplayer, some issues dont manifest themselves a lot in campaigns due to how limited those are, same for playing 1v1 vs an AI.
Once you start playing serious MP games, for example 3v3 scenario’s, you run into problems very quickly.
Simple put your test did not test the right things. I see very few people that have problems with the original campaigns (the chinese junk is a different matter), that does not mean that there are no problems in the game, especially on the multiplayer level there are a lot.

@smitske said:

@Otani64 said:

The problem is mainly the multiplayer, some issues dont manifest themselves a lot in campaigns due to how limited those are, same for playing 1v1 vs an AI.
Once you start playing serious MP games, for example 3v3 scenario’s, you run into problems very quickly.
Simple put your test did not test the right things. I see very few people that have problems with the original campaigns (the chinese junk is a different matter), that does not mean that there are no problems in the game, especially on the multiplayer level there are a lot.

Well noted and will be put to the test asap with some pizza and friends :wink: