Smurfing impact on AO2

Deliberate smurfing is a problem, downplaying it is also a problem which means being complicit with dishonest playing. You claim I’m a narcissist for complaining about it but apparently it’s “ok” for you that a 1600 elo has multiple 700-800 etc accounts to steamroll on lower skilled players… That is self revealing for what it your idea of a “fair” and balanced game.

Currently it is so easy to make smurf accounts - and no I will not do it -, that it ruins any prospect of fair games for most modest players. They will leave the game because they can’t win against players who display much higher skills and need to lower their elos, through malicious gameplay. The only drama is in not fighting this issue, you have it all reversed. I have an opposite view. Smurfing is the main current problem.

When clear verbal abbuse happens I usually say it in the game (calling the player for any such behaviour), only then report. This should show on played games I think, in any case the game team has access to all chats so I trust that.

Oh, I never said it’s ok, I said you’ve never fought one. I notice you’ve never responded to my full in depth analysis of your games, where I clearly show that none of your smurfs are actually smurfs.

Right now it seems like the problem is actually people not knowing the difference between a smurf, and someone with slightly more skill.

Your username literally translates to “First Citizen”. You believe that anyone who beats you convincingly is a 1600 elo smurf, even when they are an honest 900 elo player, and you think that because you didn’t make any military, and lost because you couldn’t see how bad their eco was at home. You’re ignoring my advice on how to improve at the game, because it lets you keep pedaling your view that smurfs are everywhere, and you’re a glorious champion of light, fighting against an imaginary tide of smurfs. Until you can show me a game in which the opponent has actually got several accounts, is a much higher elo than you, and absolutely shredded you, you have never fought a smurf, yet because you don’t want to admit to being a weaker player, even someone with slightly more skill is a supposed smurf. And then you insult anyone trying to help you see this, and use various uncalled for personal attacks. Definitely seems like the kind of behavior you might want to look into, because it doesn’t really do much for making you a believable source, you may have noticed everyone inherently jumps to not believing you. If you put the effort in to improve, people might be more open to listening to you, because you’ve shown that you’re willing to take advice, rather than just using the forums to vent.

8 Likes

You do you, but if you want to improve, I’ve given you something to start from, and I could actually help you get better at the game if you wanted to.

2 Likes

My aim is not “to be the best of a hyper-competition”, but to promote inclusive game plaform with fairness. Which is why I totally oppose smurfing or the reasons behind it.

Wouldn’t it be the best way to fight against the smurfs if you can actually WIN against them?
It’s such a generous offer of @TheConqueror753 . I would gladly accept it.

3 Likes

How are you supposed to promote inclusive game platform if everyone who disagrees with you are evil doers and you ignore everything they said but those small fragments you cut to make them look bad?

9 Likes

Its been proven to you that he wasnt a smurf

4 Likes

By falsely accusing people of smurfing? Totally seems fair and inclusive.
By ignoring the input of others, including detailed analysis and arguments against your stance? Seems fair and inclusive.
No one wants smurfs around. But you’re not encountering smurfs

9 Likes

if this is so show us a rec where you encounter an actual smurf. that way the admins and moderators can take action
without any evidence, what action do you expect anyone to take?

6 Likes

In the post you directly finger-pointed people who are (likely) not smurf as smurf as evidence - don’t you think such kind of name-calling / public shaming is immoral as well?

You can word it like “I think they are smurf but I am not sure can someone check blah blah blah” instead.

4 Likes