So AoE Definitive Edition won't work on Windows 7?

I really hope this game comes out for both Windows 7 & 10 and that it comes out on Steam. I want this game to do really well and having it as a Windows Store exclusive game for Windows 10 is disappointing…

Don’t buy it. Neither is coming to Vista and Xp.

Windows 10 only.

Also what’s the fascination with Steam?

Don’t buy it. Neither is coming to Vista and Xp.> @Penelinfi said:

Windows 10 only.

It’s a kind of fanboyism.

@Augustusman said:

Windows 10 only.

Less to do with fanboyism and more to do with the convenience of having all of your games in one location. No one wants to navigate through 7 different applications to find which one of your games is in which app.

@theENIAC said:

@Augustusman said:

Windows 10 only.

Less to do with fanboyism and more to do with the convenience of having all of your games in one location. No one wants to navigate through 7 different applications to find which one of your games is in which app.

I want to play Zelda and Mario on my PS4.

I play Final Fantasy 1-3 on NES. All FF games should be released on NES.

Why do you need to navigate with the app? There’s these things called shortcuts, we used to used them when we installed Age of Empires…

@theENIAC said:

@Augustusman said:

Windows 10 only.

You know you can add non-steam games to steam. it easy, go to the top menu bar, to games, click, then go to last option, add non-steam game, then look for the game in the list thats on your hard drive and there you go, add it to your list of steam games and you can also launch it from steam also.

I can live with it being Win10 only (though I see no real reason for it unless they’re using DX12), but AoE DE only being available on Windows Store is just stupid!

I want this game to be successful. A large cut of every sale on Steam goes to Valve. Certainly there may be some people who won’t ever leave Steam to buy a game on the Windows Store, but the higher profit from the other sales may very well make this game more successful.

@“Andy P” said:
I want this game to be successful. A large cut of every sale on Steam goes to Valve. Certainly there may be some people who won’t ever leave Steam to buy a game on the Windows Store, but the higher profit from the other sales may very well make this game more successful.

That’s true. Steam basically has a monopoly when it comes to PC games. I’m curious what the sales are going to be for AOE:DE on the Windows store.

People need to look at a game for what it is and decide if they want that game or not, for the price. It shouldn’t matter where you got it from :wink: I’ve probably wasted more money because of Steam than if I didn’t have it.

The problem here is that very few people will migrate from Win 7 to Win 10 just to play one game, as sticking with 7 up to this moment is probably a decision that has deep reasons behind it (particularly considering that free W10 offer and so on).
Under these circumstances and given the large market share of Win 7, making the game playable just on Win 10 seems very shortsighted.

They still have 1.5 months :wink: But it seems that they want people to use their new “app” whatever it is.

Sorry if I’m rude but in my times this childish thing didn’t existed, all game are inn samelace in my computer and then my desktop. I don’t need a app as launcher.

There isn’t excuse.

@LordGrievous007 said:
I can live with it being Win10 only (though I see no real reason for it unless they’re using DX12), but AoE DE only being available on Windows Store is just stupid!

The real reason is called marketing and convenience.
They want successful Store with exclusive things.
Think little more how businessman than consumer.

PD: many people here needs learn basic marketing.

yea… they have to put their bets on their own interface, where if they succeed, they will earn 100% of their own efforts, thus they can use that income to keep the servers alive and others add ons depending of the comunity . Also. what is also true is … if they fail in this try to sell this game in their own (using windows store) they will have to make a hard decision, and will have to use a known plataform, it has not to be Steam, can be others out there. but considering the fact that Age2 HD. is on steam, we can foresight where it could go. But lets be optimist. if we really care about the health of this game and its future, hope for the best to be successful on the windows store…

On the other hand. Since they want to see in the windows store, i think they should make it compatible at Leassssstt with windows 8.1 . I dont know about coding, what i know is there is a great % of ppl who chose to stay at 8.1 for reasons, and they’re interested in play the game too. I think there is no harm to catch these players too.

Any physical box edition … ?

@Danicela said:
Any physical box edition … ?

nop

The problem here is that very few people will migrate from Win 7 to Win 10 just to play one game, as sticking with 7 up to this moment is probably a decision that has deep reasons behind it (particularly considering that free W10 offer and so on).
Under these circumstances and given the large market share of Win 7, making the game playable just on Win 10 seems very shortsighted.