Not sure if this is related to a driver update or not, but was experiencing issues today that were solved by disabling NVIDIA GeForce overlays.
Windows 10 64 bit 19043
RTX 2070 MaxQ, Driver Version 471.41
Game is choppy - freezing and starting over and over again. Disabling “In Game Overlay” in GeForce Experience solves the issue.
100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Enable GeForce In-Game Overlay
- Launch AOE2
- Stuttering will be noticeable in the menu, but more apparent when in game.
- Open GeForce In-Game Overlay
- Go to settings (cogwheel, top right)
- Uncheck the checkbox labelled “Enable in-game overlay”