Here’s a list I’ve been editing for an extended time, most ideas have been devised during discussions about balance with friends. These are the changes which I believe would be nice for the game. Most of them are minor because I believe the game balance is very good right now. Possibly some additional tweaks are needed for Burgundians and Sicilians as well. Curious on opinions though.
Edited the list slightly after a few days and moved some changes around, added some new ones etc…
All building foundations’ armor reduced to 0 melee armor and 5 pierce armor, goes back to previous values when completed (castles and town center foundations are unaffected by this) - aimed at reducing the power of quickwalling with houses, markets, and other similar structures. pierce armor stays at 5 because otherwise it might be a bit too easy for archer units to break a foundation
Steppe Lancer reload time of 2.3 changed to 2.1 for non-elite and 2.0 for elite (buff) - I feel like this change will help improve the steppe lancer’s viability, without making them as OP as their initial versions, because, remember, they have lower attack and much higher cost compared to old version.
Supplies tech research time from 35s to 15s
Monks and missionaries heal 10% faster
Time taken for monks to switch between healing targets improved
Fix legacy bug where garrisoned chu ko nu, kipchak, and skirmishers provide almost no extra damage to a garrisoned building
Fix mangonel shot doing more spread damage when deleted
Fix mangonel shot ignoring hill bonus when deleted
- Maghrabi camels regeneration effect buff from 0.25hp/s to 0.33hp/s
- Kasbah UT affects allied Kreposts and Donjons too
- Elite Konnik reload time from 2.4 to 2.3 (buff)
- Standard/Elite Coustilliers gain +0.05 / +0.1 movement speed while charge attack is ready (1.35 normally)
- Elite Arambai +1/+1 armor and +1 attack - I think the Arambai change was a very nice direction for them, but I feel like they should be slightly tougher to kill in the imperial age
- New civ bonus: steppe lancers attack 18% faster - since Cumans are the only steppe lancer civ without a particularly good bonus for them, together with the changes from above, they will have a very viable steppe lancer with reload time of 1.785/1.7 for standard/elite
- Elite Kipchak reload time from 2.2 to 2.1 (buff)
- Castles are 15% cheaper in Castle Age, 25% in Imperial Age
Non-Elite Huskarls have -1 melee armor (negative melee armor, similar to rams) - aims to slightly tone down the power level of unupgraded huskarls, and make them slightly more vulnerable to melee attacks, while staying the same vs archers. Elite Huskarl stays the same. This reduces those cases where sometimes goths just auto win in castle age with a small group of huskarls
maybe receive Thumb Ring, to introduce a bit of variety into the Goths playstyle? this would allow them to have really good cav archers throughout the game, and also increases the viability of mid castle age crossbow play.
- Elite Tarkan reload time from 2.1 to 2.0 (buff)
Andean Sling UT also gives +1 attack to slingers, costs 100 more food
Team bonus: Farms and now Mill upgrades are 100% faster (mill upgrades are now affected to reduce those cases where the Incan team bonus would mess up player’s horse collar timings)
- Shatagni UT also makes Hand Cannoneers move 15% faster - I feel this could be a really interesting change for the Indians, to make the hand canonneers viable units to accompany their fast hussars and camels. It would also improve the strength of hit & run micro with hand canoneers, most likely helping a lot vs fast infantry such as eagles.
- Some change for the stable armor bonus?
- Silk Road UT affects the whole team. Costs 700 food 500 gold
- Pavise UT also affects Hand Cannoneers
- Relic bonus reduced to +3
- Elite Gbeto reload time from 2 to 1.9
- Elite Gbeto +1 melee armor
- Hulche Javelineers UT nerf/change?
- Nomads UT also affects Castles and Town Centers
- Mamelukes cost 5 less gold
Donjon wood cost from 50 to 25
Gain Thumb Ring
- Missionary heals 25% faster than a Monk (in addition to the +10% which both monks and missionaries get)
- Silk Armor doesn’t affect Hussars anymore (this one is more about identity rather than strength, since we have turk hussars, indian hussars and their bonuses, I thought maybe this one should be removed, or maybe changed a bit. But otherwise I dont feel very urgent for this one, is just an idea to make civ identities a bit different to each other)
- Bonus melee armor only affects knight-line and militia-line (not yet sure about this, but I feel some change is needed to this bonus because currently it is way too strong, giving +2 melee armor to all stable and barracks units)
- Paper Money also grants allied trade carts +50% HP